[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Miraculous Day!!!

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:59:59 -0500

Today is one of the best days of my life!  Today is our puppy girl's 2nd
Birthday!!!
A lot of you guys will remember when I asked the List for prayers and good
thoughts for our little "Miss Ella" who was found to have a very aggressive
malignant tumor behind her right eye.  The surgery to remove the tumor was
unsuccessful and her prognosis was very poor.

It wasn't long after the surgery that the tumor grew through Ella's cheek bone.
 Worse, it invaded her throat.  Then she developed a horrible antibiotic
resistant staph infection in the socket and in her cheek bones.  Ella could
barely eat and became emaciated.

They finally found the right antibiotic to knock out the staph infection and
Ella felt much better in just a week, but she was still very ill.  We then
decided to see if Ella would show improvement by undergoing "palliative"
radiation therapy to decrease the pain and inflammation associated with the
tumor.  It  generally takes two weeks to see the beneficial effects of the
therapy.  The Oncology Vets weren't sure that Ella would live long enough to
realize any benefits of the radiation.

That was 5 weeks ago and not only did Ella survive, she showed tremendous
improvement!  She's gained a few pounds and is back to her wild little monkey
self!

Best of all, the tumor has shrunk!  The tumor sticking out of her cheekbone is
gone.  And, the tumor that invaded her throat is nowhere to be seen!  This is
nothing short of a miracle!!!  The Oncologists were astounded by the shrinkage
of the tumor!

The Oncologists thought there was little to no chance that Ella would reach her
2nd Birthday.  I admit we had almost given up hope too.  Thanks to the thoughts
and prayers of so many people, coupled with the radiation therapy,  Ella is
still with us to celebrate her Birthday today!   Tonight, we have a little
celebration planned and Ella will be served her favorite stuff in the world --
pizza and whipped cream.  Yum!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!   AND, THANKS FOR ALL THOSE GOOD
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR OUR LITTLE MISS ELLA!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY GIRL!!!  WE LOVE YOU!!!

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam