[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Lesson In Foxhunting - Linda D. Witouski

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, GSDCALegislative@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:30:43 EDT

There is so much important information in this article...please read it all,
even past the first few paragraphs.
STormy

Begin forwarded message:

A Lesson in Foxhunting
Posted by: dropfred13@xxxxxxx
Tue Aug 5, 2008 10:56 am (PDT)

_http://animalsclubfreedom.info/dogalerts.html ;
(http://animalsclubfhttp://animahttp://anihttp)

DOG OWNER ALERT: A Lesson in Foxhunting

This is truly one of the most important articles I have read in a very long
time, and it affects and effects, every DOG OWNER of any bree d, mix, or
side
of the dog fence you sit on...

My compliments to LINDA *L* for providing it.

I am posting this article to our Organization web sites and blogs to help
get the word out....

GET INVOLVED before it IS too late to retain DOG OWNERSHIP!

See Linda's article below....

Dean A. Ayers

____________________________________
A Lesson In Foxhunting - Linda D. Witouski

We would think that we would learn from history, but most unfortunately,
history doesn't seem to be a popular subject amongst the dog fancy.

From the above article - written in 2002 :

I know you are probably finding all of this Legislative hoopla hard to
believe, and some of you probably think that the AKC should be fighting this
battle for you, but it is impossible for them to be on top of every state. If
you
think that poor legislation denying you your right to breed, own or show
dogs
doesn't have a chance in the U.S., think of the Scots and their beloved
Foxhunting. How long have the people in Scotland, and neighboring countries
been
foxhunting? It is now banned in Scotland and barely on life support in all
other areas. Why, you ask - what happened...how could they do that? The
animal
rightists continually pushed and forced the debate until their thoughts and
beliefs were THE issue....and the Foxhound Fanciers were not ready for it.
They
were not prepared and they thought the A/R's would just give up and go away.
They laughed about it ... they thought that somebody else was taking care of
the problem ... didn't think it was important...the problem ... didn't th
horses and went - foxhunting..horses and went - foxhunting..<wbr>...!! Why,
foxhound sport that has been around since dirt could be attacked by a bunch
of
'fanatics' and win ? But, win they did ! At the end of the days hunt on the
day of the ban, when the Foxhunters returned, they were arrested, dogs were
confiscated and all of Scotland was quiet.

Anybody want to take bets on how long it will be before the first ban of a
dog/cat show takes place and people begin to lose their property rights -
their animals and dogs ? No bets? How about betting on how long it takes
before
the U.S. is overrun with poor animal legislation? Everybody needs to sit up
and pay attention ! It's coming and when it does, it will come hard and fast
!

The showing fancy have always thought of themselves as better than the
average dog, and though they may well be for a variety of reasons -
commercial
facilities have a right to exist, too. These people have been fighting poor
legislation for many years and it's time the showing/owning fancy get with
the&nb sp;
program before it's too late. People need to set aside their feelings about
others and concentrate on saving their rights - our rights - working
together.
Those that make disrespectful comments about others, joke & laugh about
legislative issues, point fingers at their "fellow puppy mills" should take
heed of
the lesson to be learned in Foxhunting. I would be willing to bet that very
few bother to check legislative issues in their town or state. I assure you,
this agenda against our rights will move from state to state, for those who
would see us dogless will be relentless in their quest. What will you do
when
it comes to your town? What would you give to be able to regain the freedom
of choice you will have lost?

Fast forward to the present. 2008

It's alarming that many still don't find it important enough to assist in
legislative issues. We are surrounded. The rightists "wave" is the same now
as
it was in 2002. If you take note of the legislation being passed around the
country, the outlying states, or coastal areas, are being coerced into
stricter laws. California, Texas, New Mexico, Florida, Virginia,
Pennsylvania, New
York, Wisconsin. The states currently being besieged with bad legislation
creates a net that surrounds the remainder of the U.S., and causes an
"inward"
push, into the traditional heartland of our country. Once outlying coastal
states are acquired, they will continue to push until there is no where to
run.

Those that have been working legislation for many years have created a
phalanx and have become very good at combating poor legislation, but, just
like
the Spartans at Thermopylae, the opposition is in the millions and sooner or
later our phalanx will fail. It should be the opposite since we are the ones
that care about animals and the sport, or so many claim. People don't
realize
that the rightists movement has nothing to do with the welfare of the
animals
- genuine animal welfare is being sacrificed for a political victory over
animal owners. As in the Foxhunting lesson - a movement's means create its
ends

Every club, organization and animal owner needs to now rise up and take
their place in the phalanx. We need to be visiting schools and promoting OUR
word
rather than allowing AR public education programs to infiltrate school
systems. We need to encourage young people who have a love for animals to
join us
by taking them under our wings. We need to offer assistance to those who
have
been injured by some dog in Small Town, USA. We need public service
announcements to advertise clubs & responsible ownership - offer free classes
parents and children. Most importantly, we need to know our politicians by
creating voting alliances in every state and let those politicians know that
we are
watching them. We need to make our presence and what we stand for known by
introducing ourselves to local governments, even if it means assisting with
some other issue that is non animal related - something that is near and
dear
to a politician that you helped them with will go far when you need it. (It
wouldn't hurt to run for a position, either !) There are probably a million
ideas that clubs, officers, members and owners could come up with if they
would
only take the time to sit down, discuss, and then DO it.

That is, unless, of course, you are all out .... Foxhunting.

About the Author:

Linda D. Witouski, is an NPP Legislative Editor, and an AKC Judge with an
Assoc. Degree in law. Owner of DogLegislation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and
MinPinInReview@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, she is the AKC Legislative Liaison for PA and
SC and
serves m ultiple national legislative organizations. She is the Legislation
Chair,
Delegate and on the Board of Directors for Myrtle Beach Kennel Club,
Legislation Chair for The Miniature Pinscher Club of America and the Yankee
Miniature Pinscher Club and as Independent Legislation Liaison at Large,
assists
groups in any state. She is also co-author of the Monthly National
Legislation
Report. A respected dog fancier, Linda is first and foremost, a Fancy
Breeder
known for her record holding Miniature Pinscher, BISS Am/Can Ch. KeriLynns
Drop Dead Fred.

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.

(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017
)