[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A HUGE POTENTIAL AR PROBLEM

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:21:13 -0700

And for those of you who have Sen Chambliss (GA) for your senator, you
are fortunate.  Sen. Chambliss has halted Sunstein's approval at this
point, he spoke out against Paws, and he has been a strong foe of the
HSUS incursion.  He needs letters of thank you for protecting our
rights to own animals free of the animal rights agenda.

Stormy
On Jul 1, 2009, at 7:10 PM, BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Just heard on the news about Obama's nomination of Cass Sunstein to
> the
> powerful new position, regulatory czar, which will require Senate
> approval.
> Hopefully it will fail as this person has very radical animal rights
> views.
> Not good folks.   Below are two of Sunstein's books.   Very
> disturbing. I'm
> sure HSUS and Peta will lobby with big bucks to push his approval.
> In his 2004 book, "Animal Rights," he wrote: "Animals should be
> permitted
> to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives…”
>
> In "Animal Rights: A Very Short Primer," he wrote "There should be
> extensive regulation of the use of animals in entertainment, in
> scientific
> experiments, and in agriculture."
>
> We are in deep doo doo if he gets Senate approval as the Obama czars
> report
> directly to the President.   No checks and balances there.   I don't
> know
> if contacting our senators will do any good but it's worth a try.
> I know
> politics are supposed to be verbotin on the list, but this affects
> our dogs
> and our sport.
>
> Regards,
> Pat Galambos

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
Sunshine Squad <showgsd.org/sunshine.html)
GSDs and more