[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Gathering Storm!

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:03:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2009 9:05:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
I am in  the group of those who will never be on the board again.  We  are
losing a lot of good people, (myself excepted), and we need to ask why
that
is.  We don't appreciate the board, instead we blame them  for doing too
much, or not enough.  We now lose Carolyn, Dave  and Gail. We do need to
think
about why that  is

  Frankly,I feel we need fewer people on our Board. Long ago we used  to
have two Vice Presidents, Gin McCoy of Longworth Knls was one WE also had Ann
Mesdag. WE operated that these would move up,as the Presidency  was vacated
 due to term limitations, Tthe first VP would move to President, 2nd VP
become  1st VP and we would elect another 2nd VP. This way ,you had continuity
and  knowledge We thought the Board was too large and eliminated the 2nd VP
,and  started the system we have now  I would like to go back to that
system,and  perhaps have 9-10 Board members( 9 is better --an uneven number for
voting  )
 Helen Miller Fisher