[ SHOWGSD-L ] A GSD Thanksgiving

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:44:04 -0800 (PST)

This is for all of you, but especially for Jane Kerner:
It started out rather badly.  All three dogs were restless all night long.  Too
many strangers in the neighborhood.  Cooking began early, after no sleep.  I
love to cook, and I especially look forward to cooking Thanksgiving dinner.
But the dogs were just impossible.  They were underfoot, they were chasing the
cat, they were sniffing the pies.  If I put them outside, they barked.
Finally, I couldn't stand it any more.  I put everything on low, grabbed 3
leashes, and opened the van.  We drove through the first snow of the season to
a mixed prairie and woodland area nearby.  It was Minnesota cold.  We started
down the familier dirt road, and the dogs ran in and out of scattered stands of
trees.  I walked and shivered, thinking about the warmth of the kitchen.
Suddenly, I heard the strangest noise!  The dogs heard it as well.  For an
instant, all of our heads were cocked at exactly the same angle.  Then the dogs
leapt as one into the brush.  A flock of
 turkeys burst into the sky right in front of me.  That is what I will always
remember about this Thanksgiving.

Wishing you, your families, friends, and fur people a lovely, joyous
Thanksgiving!

Zoa, River, and:

RiverRock's Hotel California (Calliewag the Scalliway)
RiverRock's Charmaine (The Lovely Charmaine, Queen of the Plain)
RiverRock's Jesse James (Messy Jesse).  But, he's working on that!
And Shadow, the cat

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com