[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Few Different Ideas, Think for the Greater Good before you React!!!!

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 03:57:21 -0700 (PDT)

I like "b" a lot...not sure if you could enforce it, but I see that it would
get more young dogs out.  As far as "a"...I can't speak for other clubs, but my
club works very closely with other clubs in the region to make sure that there
are no overlaps and that we don't conflict with a futurity weekend.  We are
also very aware of when judges have judged in the region and are careful not to
book a judge too close to a past assignment.  We also try to book judges
together that are complimentary.
This year was a challenge for us in the Southeast.  Our club had to move our
normal show date due to a futurity weekend.  That was OK, but it caused us to
but we had no choice.  In hindsight maybe we could have marketed it
better....such as "come south for 2 great weekends only a short drive
apart"...I don't know.  Specialties have certainly become a challenge.  Cynthia