[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Different Kind Brag- a little long

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:05:49 -0800 (PST)

Glad you went to the show. I always felt that was the perfect show to educate
the public. Years ago my one criteria for taking a dog was who would the public
like best? The show used to be a Blue ribbon show and we showed there for 7 or
8 years in a row. The dogs would quickly learn how to get people to feed them
hot dogs and ice cream and they were hugged by lots of kids and gave lots of
kisses. We took some of the dogs several times and they liked it as much as the
kids who hugged them. And even pups learned to like the mobs.
I wish there were more benched shows and that more exhibitors went with the PR
opportunity in mind. Dogs like Strider who love crowds and put up with all of
the commotion with good humor are exactly the dogs we need to have out there.

Good Job, Kay -- I know saying the same thing over and over again as some
30,000 people troop by is hard. But it is so very important.

Ruth