[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Calming word... maybe

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:03:26 -0500

    None of the relationships with handlers, breeders, sellers of dogs,
etc., should be involved in this issue.  There is, at the moment, only
that no one who makes a living wholesaling dogs purchased anywhere and
sold by anyone to anyone with the cash in hand, should be a member of an
AKC breed club, particularly a Parent Club.  People who are trying to
make it into anything else don't understand the problem.
    The online petition is mostly signed by people from other breeds,
other activities, but all in the dog world somehow.  It is not a club
petition.  It should give a clue as to how the GSDCA is perceived at the
moment.
    The dog being sold in the first place was not against any rules in
the club...there is nothing to prevent a member from selling entire
litters to a pet shop should that member choose to do so...no matter how
distasteful it is to the rest of us.
       Letting Hunte split regional clubs, or the membership of the
parent club, into factions is self-defeating.  If people want the GSDCA
to survive, they must see why it is wrong to have the likes of Hunte in
the club...and not allow it.  All the handlers, breeders, and sellers of
dogs have not much to do with it.
    People who are trying to make it into something else need to stop,
and pay attention to what the problem is, not what they wish it to be.
Peggy