[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Brag and a No-No

  • From: acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showgsd-l), gsdelliott@xxxxxxxxxxx (gsdelliott)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:05:50 +0000

Well, I'm very glad that everyone had a great time at the National. The last
time I attended a Louisville National (2002), I almost died from the dust (no
joke). Couldn't take the chance this year and I saved a lot of money for
Colorado.
This weekend here in NJ we had a "mini-national" of our own. Three all-breed
shows in three consecutive days, two of which were 4 point majors.

The Friday show didn't draw well due to it being a work day, however, the other
two shows were 4 point majors in bitches(only 3 shy of 5 points). The days were
brisk and so was the competition. All of the exhibitors were courteous and the
and helpful to each other and there were a lot of spectators admiring the
shepherds.

Now for the brag...On Saturday under Judge Charles L. Olvis my girl-Somerset's
Mariah One More Time(GV Ch.Wayside's Honky Tonk Man x Eagale Valley's
Andromeda)-went Winners Bitch and BOS. She was groomed to perfection by her
co-breeder Mary Cummings (Stone Meadow Kennels) and handled superbly by her
other co-breeder and junior handler Kelly Rauschmeier.(Kelly will be competing
at the Eukanuba Invitational in Long Beach in December).

On Sunday under Judge Sara M. B. Futh, Mariah went Reserve Winner Bitch. She
was in first place up to the last minute, when she caught sight of me behind
the tree and got antzy. MY BAD!!! But it's still all good, she just loves me!

Anyway, it was a great weekend, with Great dogs and Great people around
talking about how we missed the National. Thanks Evan for the blogs.

Tony Correia
Somerset German Shepherds