[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Black List

  • From: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <murfamx4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:57:37 -0500

Almost all good breeders, to a person, know how to screen potential German
Shepherd Dog owners, just as Glen does..... always asking certain questions and
applying rigid standards and criteria before placing a precious puppy.

Conscientious breeders are very alert to folks who have less than honorable
and/or healthy and happy  goals for a new puppy.

The person described by Glen is certainly a more obvious "reject" as a German
Shepherd Dog owner,  or an owner of any other breed, for that matter.

My sainted Irish grandmother once told me this.......

"Never assemble a semi-hidden or written "Black List" with people's names on
it."

(No pun intended, just because the woman was looking for a black puppy).

Incidentally, my sainted Irish grandfather also had serious ideas to share.

So far I have avoided retelling or quoting my grandfather's wit and wisdom.

 His language was often "salty" and forceful.

He proudly wore the badge of a fireman in the city of Milwaukee.

(Yes, he was an engineer on a horse drawn engine. He was once put on a
temporary suspension for a short while for "salty" language and fighting in the
Fire House............. You have all heard of an Irish temper?
 John Thomas Canty had one.  My grandmother, when remarking on his temper,
called him a man with a "sudden" temperament.)

Jane Kerner