[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 9-11...Why not a Federal Holiday? OT

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:02:04 -0400

    Somehow, I think that Kathy was thinking more of a "day of
remembrance," and not a celebratory holiday...she just
used the wrong words, which we all do from time to time.............   I
think that in fact, many of us do treat it as a
day of remembrance...and our television stations have been remembering
it all week.  it's awful, I know...but when I
catch one of those programs on the tube, i just have to watch...i can't
stop myself...and I remember that day like
it was yesterday........
    BUT - my big flag goes up first thing in the morning (there's always
a flag here, but tomorrow it'll be the big one)...
and I'm sure I won't be the only one remembering that awful day...

Peggy