[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 8 degrees in Chicago????

  • From: "Castle Kennels" <castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:57:52 -0600

However, I do remember our first year at the National Guard Armory in Elgin
when 1) it rained, and it rained, and it flooded; and then 2) the
temperature dropped and it dropped; and then 3) all that rain froze and it
froze; and then 4)  it snowed

That was the time I was whelping my first litter and the heat and
electricity went out. The ice was so thick on the windows, you couldn't see
out. It was freezing in the house and I was petrified the puppies would
freeze to death without a working heat lamp.  I was nervous enough about the
impending delivery without the additional stress of no heat.  Luckily, my
wonderful bitch waited until the power was restored before I saw the feet of
the first puppy. I will never forget that day!

Pat
Castle Kennels, Ltd.
Where Shepherds of Distinction Reign
www.castlekennels.com