[ SHOWGSD-L ] 60th

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightor@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 07:45:28 -0800

Thanks to all for your good wishes.  Bill and I decided to have a quiet
night surrounded by our 4 legged family and shared with our son.  It is
going to be a day of memories indeed.  So many years so much sharing both
the good and the bad times.  Bill is wonderful and if anyone tells him I
said so I will be very angry.  After all we have to keep these fellows in
line!!!
One memory is that less than a handful of our friends and family approved of
our marriage.  The majority seemed to believe it would never last.
Different backgrounds, different education etc.  But my Dad seemed to say it
all..".he will never cheat on you and he will always provide for you and
children like him and that's a big plus".  Daddy knew what was really
important!!
As to advice to the young...Remember it is a lifetime committment... don't
run out when things get tough...two together can overcome anything.
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, CA
www.geocities.com/hightorgsd