[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 50 years ago today

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:42:52 -0500 (EST)

Today is going to be fraught with memories.

No one but those of us over 60 can ever understand the impact of that
event. I had my flag take down to half mast this morning, and it is not  enough.

I was on the radio on the campus of my college as an announcer. The
teletype stopped. It never stopped, day or night, and was always just off
behind
me, there was a constant clatter.

I had a Little Richard record on, so I turned and tore off the strip  of
paper, that said, "The president has been shot".  I interrupted the  record,
and announced what I had just read.

The entire campus of Western Michigan University stood still. No one seems
to move or speak. The radio station was silent, and then we all began to
look at  each other. That day was one that will remain in my memory for the
rest of my  life.

I don't have the words to describe what it was like at the time, or what it
 means to me today. I don't think the emotions have diminished at all, and
it is  one of the most important events of my life. And, yet, it had nothing
to do with  me.

I have to leave for court now, but today will remain heavy in my heart, 50
years later.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 11/22/13 6:47:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I was 9  years old