[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 5 year old maiden bitch

  • From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kimbergsd@xxxxxxx>, <arizonarick@xxxxx>, showgsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 20:10:36 -0400

I bred one for the first time at age 6.  She was a strange one to deal with.
For years I don't think she had a normal season because one of my males would
climb into the pen with her and when I fussed at him he would climb back out.
Plus she would have absolutely nothing to do with a natural breeding.  And she
was not easy for an AI either.  I think we had two vets, two techs, me and a
friend in the room for the deed!  And she conceived only two puppies and the
first one died.  It was all worth it though because I got my Emily who produced
two wonderful litters for me.  A daughter I kept from Emily's first litter
turned out to behave just like her grandmother.  After three tries I just gave
up and that was the end of my bitch line.

So if you really want something from her, take her to a repro vet and do
whatever tests you need and keep trying.

Linda Hendrix
St James Shepherds