[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 5 Worrisome Dog Breeds?? Huh?

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:18:10 -0700 (PDT)

That is not the case as I have been working for a good many years
to find answers of why certain bloodlines of the GSD are prone
to certain diseases while others are not.

I do see most GSD Breeders not just Show Breeders test only for
HD with some ED but do not see as much for other diseases.

Why?

Even the below disease is now showing up in the GSD.

http://www.offa.org/shoulder_info.html

The vets from colleges and my own vets have brought to my
attention of the health issues that are affecting our breed
of GSD's right now.  So it is not just this vet but many others
just go to any of the college websites throughout the country to find
these answers.  I for years have privately e-mailed these vets
so not just posting to be discredit any Show breeder or
any other breeder that is doing their job to produce the
best German Shepherds Dog they can.  I will never
understand why a few do not see that there is reason
for my posts other than to downgrade any breeder.

So I do wish as there are many breeders here that
for years have done their best to breed Excellent GSD
you would not take this personal as it is not meant to be.

I watched throughout the years and had a few litters
of a different breeds of dogs.  Had family and friends
for years sell their pups and yes they showed their
dogs or had working dogs in different fields.

I never wanted to be a GSD breeder for several
reasons.

1. It is hard to predict the future of each pup and I did
not any of mine in a bad way... married people separate,
lose their jobs, etc. no predicting that.

2.  Health issues no matter how you see it are there
in any bloodline just different ones in each that plague a breeder.

3.  I take breeding of animals very seriously and there
is more to it than just putting a male and bitch together.

4.  I get way too attached to puppies to part with them, will stand behind
my animals and it is way too hard to bring them all home.

Theresa

 Subject: RE: 5 Worrisome Dog Breeds??  Huh?
 To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 4:49 PM

 I don't know Theresa...it seems to me
 that you are often so willing to
 post ANYTHING NEGATIVE about our Breed that you can
 find.   AND...we all
 know that you can find that anytime... anywhere if you are
 looking.
 Possibly you should consider quoting them less and question
 them more.<G>

 This Vet like many Vets does not know the Breed at all...but
 is more
 than willing to quote all these health issues that MOST of
 us never see.
 When we talk to other Breeders of other Breeds...they
 struggle with as
 many problems and usually more than we GSD people do.

 Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 www.marhaven.com