[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 4th of July I HATE IT!!!!!

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: bliz1998@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:25:04 EDT

I have noticed that occasionally an older dog who has never shown signs of
noise sensitivity might have a little reaction, and they seem to startle  when
storms approach, but I've always attributed this to their hearing  going and
the sudden, louder noises getting through an otherwise more peaceful  world.

Too funny...the other night we had a local school about 1/2 block away as
the crow flies put on a heck of a display.  The dogs slept through it until  it
was time to go out and potty.  Rhett ran to the back of the property,  barking
and growling, looking skyward. He was fierce! In the natural course of
things, the fireworks ended and a very self-satisfied Rhett, pleased as punch
with
himself, came in to continue the serious business of napping.  He was
CONVINCED he'd stopped the noise and I had to struggle not to laugh at  him:)

Kathy