[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 4th of July I HATE IT!!!!!

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 07:56:42 EDT

As I sit here tonight, I feel like I'm in a war zone. The ILLEGAL   Fireworks
that are going off scare even me. My next project after AB 1634  will  be
OUTLAWING FIREWORKS in my City!!!!!!!  We have a whole  kennel of SCARED
Boarding
dogs. The music is as loud as we can get  it and it doesn't even come  close
covering up the noise.
I HATE  JULY 4th!!!!!  Tomorrow we will probably catch who knows  how many
terrified dogs running the streets.  UGH!!

Cathleen Bennett

*******************************

You are right. Shelters all agree that they get a HUGE amount of dogs on  the
4th. Some kids in our area started on the 2nd, so we have had fireworks
going for 2 days.  My GSD are fine, they could care less. My little poodle,
she
is a mess. Now she is sedated, and sleeping in my bed, under the covers.  This
is totally too much for her.

I love the 4th. I love the fireworks. I just don't  think the housing  areas
are the place for it.  And with all the huge fires we have had as of  late, it
is just not safe.  Just this morning we picked up a bunch of  fireworks
debris on our yard. What if we had dried up conditions?  That  could've been a
disaster.

So, maybe lets not outlaw Fireworks altogether <G>  but limit  where they can
be done. I am sure the rules are there already and just need  enforcing.

Ileana