[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 4th of July I HATE IT!!!!!

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 07:47:40 -0700 (PDT)

Oddly enough, I didn't have too many problems with my 2.  My bitch was fine
until the neighbor next door shot a pop bottle rocket off.  Last year, she was
on the dog walk at an agility center and someone near shot one off that went
over her head.  She fell off the dog walk and bolted.  Took me three months to
get her back on the dog walk!  I guess last night brought back that traumatic
incident.  I just stuck her in her crate and she was fine.  Went right to
sleep.  My male kept going from window to window.  He's only a year and this is
his first real loud 4th.  I think he was trying to protect the house and
couldn't decide which window to watch.  His only stumble was when the
professional display started, which was less than 1/2 a mile from our house.
Some of those were loud enough to shake the house.  When that happened my male
went under a computer desk and just laid down.  All in all, not too bad.  Now
if I could have gotten my neighbors to stop before 11:30, that
 would have been very nice.  We did get some fairly heavy rain after 9:30 and
that gave us some nice 15-20 minute breaks.  I never expect to get much sleep
on the 4th though...

  Tina
  Illusion GSDs

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.