[ SHOWGSD-L ] 4 month rule - Question

  • From: barbmarkh@xxxxxxx
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, acara1997@xxxxxxx, kevinreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:39:48 -0400

1) The owner judge did not hire the handler
2) The handler was picked up at ringside, & asked to take the dog in to hold
the
major.
3) There was no other handler available.
4) The judge was not at the show
5) The hired handler who was Alex Muse, did not make it to the show due to
flight delay.
6) The handler had NEVER handled for this judge before,  according
     to AKC a "BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP HAD NOT EXISTED PREVIOUSLY and
     BECAUSE THE JUDGE DID NOT  "HIRE" THE HANDLER AT THE TIME an established
business relationship did not exist
7) The judge was not "billed" for the handling service. .

First - let me say - I am definitely not trying to make enemies - and I am
definitely not trying to single anyone out personally - I just need some help
understanding this . . .I have read all the post - so? - I understand what
everyone has said - I admit I am involved since I have lost my win in the NW
maturity - and for the record I did not know about the January show - and I
don't think the fact that the judge and handler weren't punished and the
owners/dogs are the only ones being punished is fair - but that is now water
over the bridge . . . .I just need to understand this rule.
Okay what I understand about both events:
1. The owner judge did not hire the handler - okay, this is clear - Kathy did
not hire Tiffany and Paul did not hire Jerry.
2.The handler was picked up at ringside, & asked to take the dog in to hold the
major. - We know that Tiffany was picked up at ringside and than Jerry was
booked by Ms. Cunningham ahead of time because Jerry's name was listed in the
Catalogue.? But we now know that there was no major to be held - so mute point.
3) There was no other handler available.? We now know that this wasn't true in
either case . . .
4. The judge was not at the show?? I don't know if Paul was at the show in
January - what I understand is that the bitch had already been purchased by Ms.
Cunningham but the papers - although signed by all parties - had not been sent
to the AKC - so - without thinking - the Root's name was put on the entry in
case the bitch won - she didn't want it disallowed by the AKC -? - - I
understand that Kathy was not at the show in question .

5. The hired handler who was Alex Muse, did not make it to the show due to
flight delay. - we now know that it was a business deal - but I don't think the
reason matters . .

6. The handler had NEVER handled for this judge before,? according?to AKC a
"BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP HAD NOT EXISTED PREVIOUSLY and?BECAUSE THE JUDGE DID
NOT? "HIRE" THE HANDLER AT THE TIME an established?
business relationship did not exist??? Okay - I don't live on the West Coast -
but I believe that if you ask Paul who his handler is - he will name Art
Sinclair and Jack Kilgour - I do believe that Jerry has handled for Paul in the
past - at least 6 months prior to this show I think (not sure - I didn't ask -
shame on me)? - so does this mean that the rules are different if you have EVER
used a given handler as opposed to a one time thing?????? In the NW case - I do
know that Jerry was hired and paid by Ms. Cunningham and that Ms. Cunningham is
a regular client of Jerry's and the Root's are not (or so I am told).? In the
other case - from Christine's post - Bart and Tiffany live next door to each
other and share a kennel - is that right?? If true - if it's at Bart's is it at
Tiffany's????
7.? The judge was not "billed" for the handling service. .? Okay - in neither
case was the judge in question "billed" for the handling service - I understand
that copies of the bill and canceled check are available in the NW case - don't
know anything about the other case.

Okay - with Wayne - here is my problem.? Either we have a 4 month rule which
states that if you have handled for a judge within that time - you cannot show
under that judge . . . .or we have a bunch of unless this and unless
that....When I appealed to the AKC for my win - I pointed out the
"circumstances" in the NW case as I understand them - NONE OF THEM MATTERED -
it didn't matter that proof could be offered that the bitch had already been
purchased - or that Ms. Cunningham had been the regular client of the handler -
or that Ms. Cunningham had paid the bill - It also didn't matter that Jerry is
not my regular handler (Sean Conboy is my regular handler).??? So how do you
tell which circumstances will matter and which won't . . .

On the side of the same thing happened at both - you have a handler who went in
the ring with a dog owned by a judge and then showed under that judge within a
4 month time frame . . .One handler (Tiffany) may have known it belonged to a
judge that she was to show under at a fut/mat - Jerry says he didn't know until
much later that the bitch in January was entered with Paul's name on it -
either way . . . .
If your wondering why I am asking and to be clear - none of this will help my
bitch - you won't see her at the National - but I would like to understand so I
and others can stay out of the same "trouble" in the future . . .

Thanks for helping . . .
Barb