[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 4 month rule

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bedkar@xxxxx>, <robinhausgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:00 -0400

Actually, this has been a "sort of rule" for some time...like many other
recent missives from AKC, it's more of a refresher than anything new.

Frankly, I don't think the people who make the rules have a good grasp of
either the current rules/policies/guidelines or of the English language.

After all...that ridiculous "Code of Sportsmanship" that the Board dreamt up
in 2006 has nothing in it that hasn't been around for years.  However, when
a very high-placed AKC official disregarded the rules/guidelines, by putting
two dogs owned by his business associates up for Best in Show,  it was
hushed up and covered by instituting the Code.

As I said..........corrupt.

The rules about judges using the handler of their winners within 4 months
has been applied most unevenly, when applied at all.
    At the 2008 Irish Setter National, the Best of Breed win was taken away
when the judge used the breed winner's handler 2 weeks later..........and
yes, the judge was suspended for a very short time.  The handler wasn't
penalized at all, and the poor owners of the bitch who lost her win had
nothing to do with it at all.........but that's how AKC applied the rule on
THAT occasion.    The owners are currently suing...but who knows how it will
come out.

Peggy