[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 4 Month Rule etc.

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: stormygsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:40:51 -0800

I have been informed that it wasn't the Winnipeg club.. my apologies, like I
said, I can't remember the details.. that said, details don't matter.. the
point I was trying to make is that up here in Canada all sorts of improprieties
occur and there doesn't seem to be ANY rules about it - many things happen that
rules couldn't exist for anyway..
some of the things I have seen over the years include a show secretary sporting
a t-shirt advertising the kennel of one of the exhibitors, or how about holding
up a show (and ALL the other exhibitors) for over an hour because one exhibitor
either hadn't brought all the dogs and had to go home to get them or didn't
have them ready for the posted start time.. not "illegal" but certainly
disrespectful and very much viewed as favoritism..(one comment I heard was "if
we don't allow this, (the exhibitor) won't support our shows.."
yep, there are lots of reasons why new people stay far away.. and the oldsters
are hanging up their leashes..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds