[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 3 year old child bitten by dog

  • From: "Dawn Bonome" <sheppiefan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:22:37 -0500

I would like to know where the parents were? No supervision?
At class last night, two little girls ASKED me, "Can I pet your dog?" AND
did it CALMLY! Most kids just run up to the dog, BEFORE asking! PARENTS NEED
TO TEACH THEIR CHILDREN!

Dawn Bonome

>From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
>To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] 3 year old child bitten by dog
>Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:08:20 EDT
>
>i'm probably going to invite the wrath of some people for this but ......
>last week in southern illinois, a 3 year old boy was bitten in the face by
>pit bull.  the bite(s) (or "mauls" as was reported on the news) requred 50+
>sutures to close.  the child was on television - the wounds were in the
>fleshy
>part of the face - cheeks - no damage to eyes, nose or lips.
>
>NOW ... it was also reported that the child had been hitting and teasing
>the
>dog.  dog is now in mandatory rabies quarantine for 10 days and it has not
>yet
>been decided whether or not euthanasia is the solution to this "problem".
>i'm sorry, but the dog defended himself.  i just don't feel that the dog
>should
>have to pay for the incredible irresponsibility of whoever was supposedly
>watching the child.  if this kid learns, as he obviously already has, that
>hitting
>and teasing are acceptable behaviors, then he'd best pray that this is the
>least damage he ever receives from a dog.
>
>jmo, diane
>
>Diane Strasser
>Silstra German Shepherds
>"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown
>

><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now offers free
>email to everyone.
>  Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.</HTML>

>POST is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the
>original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
>of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
>AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

Live Search Maps ? find all the local information you need, right when you
need it. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag2&FORM=MGAC01