[ SHOWGSD-L ] 2600+ miles and a new Champion

  • From: "Paula, Ray & The Kidz" <ppeters908@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:03:47 -0500 (CDT)

href="/netmail/static/deg/css/wysiwyg-3933289048.css" media=all>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.7600.16625"></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Well, we're finally home AFTER a 6 day, 2600+ mile whirlwind ride to and
from Purina Farms in Missouri (what an AWESOME facility) for what we hoped
would be the finishing touch on our Hobbs' championship...we are
still<STRONG><U> 'riding&nbsp; the wave'</U></STRONG>&nbsp;and&nbsp;can't
believe we got to see our dream come&nbsp;true..our boy Hidden Valley's The
Natural 'Hobbs' (Alvinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn&nbsp;and Am/Can CH MillerTime's
Sophisticate Style, OFA, CGC, HIC, RN) finished his Championship (pending AKC
approval)&nbsp;going WD, BOW for&nbsp;his second&nbsp;4 pt MAJOR! WOW, WOW, WOW
what a journey!&nbsp; WE ARE SO PROUD, SO PROUD of him and all that he has
accomplished!!!&nbsp; We have no words to express the&nbsp;feeling of seeing
him complete&nbsp;the first leg of his journey in life..the joy, the absolute
THRILL we felt when the judge pointed to him for WD...but we were only part of
the way there (major in bitches, had to get the crossover)...THEN all the
waiting for the judging of an unbelievable large, quality filled group of
bitches (oh, the pacing, the nerves, Ray and I both thought we would pass
out)&nbsp;and then back in for BOW...he looks fantastic...he's handled and
shown to perfection by Tiff...he shows beautifully....will he get it....then
finally after what seems like an eternity, the judge points to him for BOW!
OMG, OMG...awesome, just awesome...the tears of joy, the excitement of Ray and
I actually being there to see him&nbsp;become a CHAMPION&nbsp;- its something
<U><STRONG>we will never, ever forget</STRONG></U> and certainly something that
only comes along once in a lifetime!&nbsp; He's our FIRST homebred champion!!!
We were ecstatic!! and still are!!!&nbsp; <STRONG>ABSOLUTELY GREAT JOB</STRONG>
Tiff (more later about Tiff and her love of this dog)...we love, love our
HOBBSIE BOY!!! &nbsp;We wish to thank all the judges who
awarded&nbsp;Hobbs&nbsp;his singles and a special thank you to Mrs. Michelle
Billings (first 4 pt Major) and Mrs. Cindy Meyer (second 4 pt Major) for
recognizing Hobbs' qualities!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>All the while, the crowd and&nbsp;the even surrounding vendor support was
just SO TOTALLY incredible!!! Thank you to&nbsp;EVERYONE for cheering Hobbs to
his championship win!!! We SO appreciate it!! It was FABULOUS, JUST
FABULOUS!!!&nbsp; Need to pinch ourselves...still not sure if&nbsp;its really,
real!!!&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We wish to thank all the people that encouraged us and gave their support
along the way but by far the most important person in&nbsp;Hobbs' journey that
we wish to thank and express our love and gratitude is&nbsp;to our friend,
Tiffany Bartley (Hillside Kennels) for the FABULOUS job she did with Hobbs! Her
caring, hard work and dedication in the conditioning and training of Hobbs has
been outstanding and she has our EXTRA special thanks, gratitude and un-ending
appreciation!&nbsp; It's hard to imagine how she juggles all that she does (two
jobs, Corbin, school) and then the&nbsp;care, conditioning and management
of&nbsp;her clients' dogs careers...but she does it beautifully and with such
great grace!&nbsp; You're the best Tiff...thank you, thank you for loving him
and believing in him as much as we did!!! Thank you too to the entire Hobbs fan
club...we&nbsp;so, so&nbsp;appreciate your support of him!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hobbs has been a special&nbsp;joy from the moment he was whelped..we knew
he was extra special&nbsp;not because he was ours but just BECAUSE...what a
thrill...he love him and are OVER THE MOON about him!!! We knew
he&nbsp;had&nbsp;'star' potential from the beginning.&nbsp;&nbsp;He of course
had an awesome sire and&nbsp;dam; he had a wonderful start with some FABULOUS
training&nbsp;from my&nbsp;husband&nbsp;Ray and Ray went on to&nbsp;get
Hobbs'&nbsp;his&nbsp;first single point and&nbsp;a GROUP 1, BBE, Herding Group
and a second placing at the Canadian national in&nbsp;the BBE class at just
over a year and a half old.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;He&nbsp;matured quickly physically
but needed that 'away from home' experience to&nbsp;mature mentally.&nbsp; So
off to Joelle Kennels (now Hillside Kennels) boot camp in Indiana with Tiffany
and Joanne..WOW..that was a tough one...letting him leave the nest...so far
away...but we knew he needed the training and conditioning that&nbsp;they could
provide.&nbsp; They did a great job getting him in shape and trained to
perfection!&nbsp;He had great success early on getting his other singles,
several reserves and even a 'major' reserve.&nbsp; Then, he got his first major
in Kentucky this March and I was fortunate enough (thanks Cindy for being a
great friend/co-pilot) to have been there for his first MAJOR...very, very
exciting!!!&nbsp; When would he finish?...time marches on! Another opportunity
a&nbsp;couple of&nbsp;months later but it wasn't meant to be...while trying to
attain his second major, it actually broke because one of the entrants came up
lame while on the way to the ring...fell in a whole and wrenched her leg!!!
What???? What luck!!! OMG!&nbsp;&nbsp;Another MAJOR opportunity slipped
away...but we knew it was just a matter of time!!! So when we heard it was
going to be a major in Missouri we just couldn't miss it!!! Despite all the
obstacles along the way thank goodness we made it...SO, SO WORTH THE TRIP!!!!
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Our sincerest congratulations&nbsp;to all the other winners at the St.
Louis Dog Breeders Association Show at Purina&nbsp;Farms in Gray Summit,
Missouri...you rock!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you for letting me share one of our greatest experiences in dogs
EVER to date....</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Paula, Ray &amp; 'The Kidz'<BR>Hidden Valley Shepherds </DIV></BODY></html>