[ SHOWGSD-L ] 25 yr pins

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:10:14 EST

In a message dated 1/24/2006 7:16:46 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have  my 10 year cert on da wall...and if I ever get the 25 I will scratch
out  the 2 and change it to a 3. I cannot believe Jenn and I should suffer
such  a fate when it wasn't our fault. Check was mailed but never cashed.

How  does Evan put it????

I was on the board when this nonsense started. They had  appeals and allowed
some to use a check book to prove they had paid on time, and  then told
someone else that they did not qualify, even though that person had  judged our
national and had a note from his post office.

It has been my opinion that the limits are mean  spirited.  If someone has
been in the club for that long, missing a  payment, or even sending it late
should not be enough to penalize them for a  mistake. But, at one time the
powers
seemed more intent on rules than  rationality.

Since then I have seen the boards taking a more friendly  approach and I hope
the new boards do the same.  We should encourage  members, not find ways to
punish them.

On the other hand I think I have a 25 year pin some where, but  I am so old,
I can't remember what I did with it.   I am looking  forward to my 50 year
pin, so I can use it to hold on my adult diaper.  I  did order one champion
pin,
and then forgot to get the rest. Can I now order the  rest?  I want to make a
vest.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together