[ SHOWGSD-L ] 2015 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE] Friday morning coming down

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:14:19 -0700

p. I am first in again. I sure miss Bobbie and Sandy, as we used to be the
first in every day. A couple of blow dryers in the distance, and some of the
video people here. They are doing a good job, or at least working hard.

The Center is trying and although they haven't fixed the sound system, they go
out of the say to help. . On the stands, on Tuesday if you backed your chair
up, you could slip down in the back. By Wednesday, they had come by and bolted
braces on the back of the stands to solve the problem. The lighting is good if
maybe not a bit intense. Certainly everyone has a good view.

I do wonder what will happen by Saturday. The place is packed. The attitude is
great and everyone seems to be having a good time. The judging is as good as I
have ever seen. Both Bob and Vickie find the best animals and put up the best
of the best. Bob gets down to eight or ten, and puts them in two lines, then
picks from his lines. Vickie goes through them all, and only at the end does
she pull out the winners. But, they both are doing a flawless performance.

It may be the judging,but the quality is unbelievable. I overhead someone say
that there are so few locked hocks or faulty rears, we must be improving. Then
I heard someone else, (actually I know who they are but don't want to name
names) say, no one would bring faulty rears under these judges. That is true.

If I had to fault this National, I have to admit, my hands are tiered. I have
been trying to type the results to get them out faster than anything else. I
might want to slow down. I guess a few more minutes won't make a difference.
Also, I haven't had time to talk to everyone. I saw Linda Fergeson for a minute
but had to get back to the show. I didn't spend any time with Dave and Martha
Rinke, Joan Fox and Linda just saw in passing. Scootie, Pat and Celeste, Tim
and Diane Brown, Leslie, Kent, and so many more. I hear Tammy is here, but
while Tedi saw her, I didn't have time. I did talk to Paula for a little while,
but I think it was so she could get her name on the Blog. I said hello to
Frank and Carolyn, but that was all. I think we need to have a National
without the dogs, so we could have time to talk. Maybe we could just cut it to
three days, and save the costs of a ring, etc. Maybe if we set it up so that
everyone came in for a big dinner, and a day to meet and greet, that would work.

I don't know who won the election, (I suppose I will hear in a bit), but both
John and Carmen came by and sat for a while to tell me how they plan to fix the
club. After the last three days, I say the club is fine, the breed is in great
condition, (an we haven't seen the Specials yet), and either of them will do
well for us in the future.

I see Linda Curry has come in, she is working the Rescue table, and there are
some people wondering in 55 minutes before show time. We have lots of candy at
the announcer's table, a tradition, and so we keep the energy level up. It also
entices those people who don't want to talk to me to come by. I sure do miss
Bob (The Voice of The National) Dresher here at the table. But, after he does
Specials at the Canadian National, he will be here next year. It is somewhat
difficult with just Tony and me, but we can handle it, so far. I still don't
have anyone to be my "spotter" for Specials. I type to fast to look up, so I
need someone to tell me what is going on. Whoever does it, never talks to me
again, because I keep asking to tell me what is going on. Just ask Flower Boy,
(who should be here).

Stuff is starting, so time to settle in, get my grove on, and I see Thurman and
Alex just came in, so there must be a dog show somewhere.

Evan L.Ginsburg
Click here: 2014 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE
<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>
Click here: GSD Youth Recognition Fund
<http://www.dogshowjuniors.com/jindex.html>
Click here: Welcome to Asgard's German Shepherds <http://www.asgardgsd.com/>

--
Posted By SHOWGSD-L to 2015 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE
<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/2015/10/friday-morning-coming-down.html> at