[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [2013 GSDCA NATIONAL/CENTENNIAL COMMENTARY - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE] Bred By Dogs

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:22:36 -0700

I got to walk around a bit and mingle with the little people. Of which I look
up to. I am not sure what that makes me, minuscule, perhaps.

I got to meet Amanda Dash, and we talked for a while.  I also spent a few
minutes with Diane Brown. She never ages and looks great as always.  Don't let
Tim I said so.  You have to see their daughter, what a good looking kid.

Ed is here talking to everyone, and I understand Dan is taking in a dog
himself. That should be interesting.

I announced the Stud Dog and Brood Bitch presentation. I loved doing it, but I
broke up at times.  I can't imagine anyone who saw that thinking our breed
wasn't going great. What a tremendous presentation with fantastic progeny.

Now we begin again. I hope we don't have to do this all over. I would not last.

BRED BY DOGS:

In they come, and a big class.  Bob (The Voice of the National) just went to
get us both a hot dog.  Pam is here next to me and it is a thrill.  Now it is
Pam, LanaLee and me. That is a trio you do not want to trust for anything.  Pam
reminded me that I had already shown her my hot spot. That has to do with
computers, so don't get mixed up on that.

Bob, (The Voice), oh hell, you know who I mean, is gone, so we can do a lot of
stuff we couldn't do if he were here. Sharon Newcom is here too and Ed is
entertaining the crowd.    Ann Schultz is talking to me. She said I need to
send her a bill for the majors I gave her.  I forgot to do that.   I got to say
hello to Butch and he is talking to Danny and Carmen who talked to me for a
bit.  Doris Herbert is in there, and if she can do it, I may have to think
about getting back in the ring.

Six in there and Gloria is checking them over.  Now that I watch them move, I
may have to reconsider. Don't tell Tedi I am thinking about showing again.  I
have enough trouble telling her I want a new chain saw.   I did sell my Harley,
so I can get rid of some of my life insurance.

The crowd is quiet, and there they go for another pass. Diane Brown has a very
nice male, and he looks great against the wall. It is fun not knowing who is
there.  This is one of the best classes, and she excuses all but four.
Christy, Jimmie, (of course) Kent, Joe Beccia, and Leslie.  Jimmie knows a good
dog.  Gloria is laughing and having a good time.

I have a deck of cards. If anyone wants a card trick to make the time go
faster, just stop by and say so.  I like the quality of the judging, but as I
get older, I don't want to spend so much time watching dog being judged. How
much time can I have left?

Bob, (The) oh hell, went to get us hot dogs. What a great person, with rain and
freezing cold outside, where the food tent is.

We are going still with dogs in the ring. What a surprise.  Bill Burgraff is
here now, and it is good to see so many of these people. And a few I never want
to see again. Overall a good thing.  On balance a good thing.  Jimmy stands
alone and off go the others.  It is interesting to see the top handlers in the
Bred By class.  Gloria just took the microphone to say this was the best Bred
By Class she has ever seen. I agree, it is fantastic, and the best of the show.

She moves Jeff up front, Diane, Leslie, Kent and Joe. WOW!  Those are five
Select quality males.  Now she puts Leslie in front and I can't argue with
that.  I could, but no one would listen anyway, and she lets But, he is at the
end of the line, and now Leslie down and back and all but six go.  Jeff, down
and back and the crowd is behind him.  Each one goes down and back and each one
is getting support, so far Jeff the most, but now she is up to the front of the
group. Al, but not much applause. Let's see what they think of Kelly.

Here she goes.  Not overwhelming applause, but some.

Gloria goes out to the center and lets them loose.  Jimmy has his stacked
perfectly and she moves Jimmy to third, Leslie in fourth.  Kelly is still in
front, and she looks them over standing.  And off they go.  Kelly, Al, Jimmy
and Leslie and the fast walk on the judge and she is looking and leans in and
to her right, and they stop.

YES!  Jimmy to second and Leslie in third. I think I might go with Jimmy, but
so far no one asked me to judge a National. Shows the intelligence of our
members.

And, the stack.  Kelly in a great pink jacket in front,  and Jimmy, Leslie and
Christy. No, they stop again.  Three against the wall of losers, and the four
in front.  Jim to the front, then Leslie, Kelly and Chtristie, and off the go,
and I think that will be it, but yes, she is fast walking and looking and
Leslie's is showing off.   Tough group to pick from she stands and looks at
them, and Jimmy is working with his to get the dog to look good. She walks down
the line and thehy like Leslie's dog, and she is standing behind them and talks
to the first two and has them down and back. This is exciting for the first
time. Leslie is the crowd favorite. Jim's dog is all fired up.  Gloria has a
hard test to go here.

YES Leslie up front.  The mob likes that and there they go.  All of them.   The
FAST WALK and she is looking and they go to the center and line up.  THAT IS IT!

First is Stuttgart's Single Action Army v Hammersmith, (Leslie), Second is
Karizma's Morocco Kaleef Von Loar, (Jimmy), Third (Kelly), and Fourth is Ch
HiCliff's Razzle Dazzle of Zytut, (Christy).

Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

Posted By SHOWGSD-L to 2013 GSDCA NATIONAL/CENTENNIAL COMMENTARY - THE
UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE at 10/10/2013 02:44:00 PM