[ SHOWGSD-L ] [2012 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE] Sunday and a break from the law

  • From: "ADMINISTRATION" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 12:00:38 -0400

I need to mention the Red Book. This is an amazing collection of
information. I was able to buy one yesterday and spent about an hour today,
going through it. That just gave me time to turn all the pages and glance
at the articles, and the statistics.

It would take all year to try to understand all the information in there,
but we should give Liz Leshhorn a word of appreciation for the work she
does on this. To prove I did look at it, I did see on page 2 that there was
an article about Don Knight, but then by the time I got to the end, it was
a interview with Mary Ann Imhoff. Both of these people have a lot to offer
us, and certainly there is no loss that it was Mary Ann instead of Don. I
am pleased to call them both my friends and people I admire.

I was stuck by the close relationship between the top producers, not only
dogs, but bitches as well. It is good that I include the Kishs and Jane
Kerner as people who will talk to me, they certainly are the major
influences on the breed today. If we have interbred too much, on but a few
dogs, we will know in the years ahead. But, certainly the winners are
traced to only a few dogs in less than four pedigrees. That may be a sign
that we have learned how to use the quality we have gained, or a problem
for the future. But, today the quality of what is being shown is greater
than at any time in the past.

I am struck that the Red Book would be a great tool for everyone looking
for a dog, not just the breeders. It is a shame that it is too expensive to
give to every buyer of a puppy. Maybe we should find a way to put it on the
net, for a reduced price. It is a great tool to understand our breed.

I will have it in the car for the 20 hour trip to Colorado. By the time we
get there, I should have a better idea of what the statistics mean. I will
ask Summer to explain them to me.

Evan L. Ginsburg
http://gsyrfund.com
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

--
Posted By SHOWGSD-L to 2012 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY - THE UNOFFICAL
NATIONAL SITE at 10/07/2012 11:49:00 AM

DO NOT REPLY TO THE BLOG POST

The Blog might not be sent directly to the list while the admin are
in Colorado

The Blog is clickable from the bottom of every list post - PLEASE
BOOKMARK IT

THE NATIONAL BLOG http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/
The Showgsd-l Administration
http://showgsd.org
Email Changes: http://showgsd.org/mail.html
Admin: admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
ANNOUNCE NEW LITTERS: http://showgsd.org/goodlitterbox.html
THE NATIONAL BLOG http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/
NOTO BENE: DOC ZOE is not a voting member of the Admin Panel