[ SHOWGSD-L ] : [2012 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE] 7-9 year dogs

  • From: "ADMINISTRATION" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 08:03:40 -0400

We move on to the Veteran dogs, 7 years and under 9

Harley is in here, so that should be fun. Also, Brazos, who is a great dog,
at any age.

We are moving around now, only three classes to go, then Best Puppy and
Best Bred By, and we get to go home. The Fasano's are putting on a party
for everyone. Maybe we need a veteran owner class.

YEAH, all here. Eight in the veteran dog class. That says a lot for our
breed. They enter so far ahead, and then with the trip we often lose some
entries. But, not this time.

Cappy sends them back to stack. She is judging more to the center. Only the
first two are not champions. Cappy has been taking it easy tofay, and she
looks like she won't have any trouble finishing the day. Cappy gives them
all a good look and asks for the entire group to go once around the ring.
One more look and she asks for the first dog to come out; it is Alice
Cooper. Next is JoAnne with Never Ending Story, he is just over 7 but
doesn't look like a veteran. Next is Brazos; he is looking good for his
age. Next is Reward. All of these dogs are looking good (of course this is
the "young" veterans class). Up next is Bill with Harley. Harley gets lots
of crowd support (Cappy is ignoring the crowd). Next is Jett Jackson. Next
is Kelly with Atlanta Burning. And rounding out the class is Kent with
Marquis Stealing the Show - and LOTS of crowd support (Cappy still doesn't
seem impressed by the noise).

I see a little gray around the muzzle for all of them, but they look good.

The entire group is set, and Cappy leads the crowd in clapping for the
veterans. But back to judging. She takes them around as a group, and the
stops and takes a long look at the group of 8. She then looks at the first
half of four, and then the second group of four. Cappy pulls the entire
group together . . . looks read hard . . . and pulls out Alice Cooper,
Reward, Brazos, Harley, and Stealin the Show. Once around with the top
five, and Harley and Stealin the Show move up to third and fourth. Once
around, and now Harley and Stelain the Show are in second and third.
Another pass and now Stealin the Show is up to second. We were trying to
get Harley to the front, but not going to happen. Instead, she moves
Stealin the Show to the front. And thats the way they finish; Stealin the
Show, Alice Cooper, Harley, and Reward.

Evan - Paula finally got her ribbon from the national. I was so proud of
Harley. He worked his heart out, and looked great doing it.

Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

--
Posted By SHOWGSD-L to 2012 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY - THE UNOFFICAL
NATIONAL SITE at 10/12/2012 07:10:00 PM