[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 2010 Utah National

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:19:58 -0700

It doesn't take much of a glance at the List of dogs that Ileana mentions at
the bottom
to realize that the  "cream of the crop"...... was at this National.    Great
quality ....great dogs
A veritable "buffet' of beautiful dogs to choose from.    A credit to the
judges who drew them!
Anyone who had to stay home......you missed a really good one and we all missed
seeing you!!
We who were there had a great time seeing great dogs and great dog people in a
nice and
pleasant relaxed atmosphere.
The National site was wonderful......tons of grass, easy access to the arena,
RV's, herding, motels
and restaurants and the Utah people were friendly everywhere.
Yes......there was dirt at the stalls.....and there always will be when we use
horse arenas...but
it was not overwhelming.
The pine shavings in the arena around the edge for double handlers caused some
real dust problems
but the arena itself was great......no bad seats...easy access to a reasonable
concession stand ...and
Kevin was there with his 'Cater-mobile'.with great food.
<G>
We were excited to see the beautiful Futurity dog, Winners Dog and Select dog
sired by our Cowboy
make a wonderful debut after going RWD on Tuesday.    This big stallion male
just  turned two the day
after the National was over and was owners first National which made it even
more fun.
His sire managed to lead the final cut........<G>
Went the same in herding for Cowboy as he qualified for one leg on his
HSAS....but that was it.  He
did a great job.....but screwed up on his 'outrun' on the other.
Our highlight was watching our G.Vx. 'BO'  ( Black Orchid ) fly around the ring
for Parade of Greats.
(  I cry easier as I get older......<G> )
For those who missed it......you missed a really good one....lots of great dogs
and people.....and now
we all begin to watch PAULA'S COUNTDOWN for another one...........<G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com