[ SHOWGSD-L ] 2010 Could be the best ever

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:11:38 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/09 7:34:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time, TISHW@xxxxxxx
 writes:
I -  Barbara Amidon
Dan Smith
Bob Drescher
(Gary S. is doing the Canadian  National)
I understand Dan will judge dogs.

Jamie Walker
Joe  LaRosa
Bob Slay
Debbie Hokkanen
(I think I may have reversed the  order on Jamie and Joe)

We are going to have a great national.  I want to commend Gary on his
ethics, giving up the American National to honor his commitment to Canada shows

we will be well served with him on our board.

Also, I am delighted that Bob Drescher is going to judge our National. I
have supported him for years, even though I have sat with him for ten or more
 years at the announcer's table. Maybe next year they might allow me back
to the  microphone.

Also, we will have Jamie Walker and Joe LaRosa judging the show-before-the
Show.  It looks like Utah is going to be a National not to miss.  I  had,
as I have every year when I first get home, considered if I wanted to go to
another national.  I have to admit, I am no longer 60, and things aren't as
easy for me as they used to be when I was young.  But, there is no way I am
 going to miss this one, unless the Superior Court again has other plans.

Bill Bergraff is a real find, and with all of these factors coming
together, and having just shown at the show site in Utah for the Maturity, with

(are you ready for this), Select  Excellent  Champion Magic Marker, I  am
looking forward to a return.

I do love taking credit for Markie.  Christine and Steve Granger bred  her,
Dave Lasiter brought her to the West coast, Tedi arranged to bring her to
our home, then road worked her, set her diet, trained her for the ring,
arranged  her flight to Ohio, and fed her, groomed her, and walked her at
night.

Bill Basu took her into the ring at the national, and Dave Rinke picked her
 for Select.

And, I get credit.

What a great sport.

Evan  Ginsburg