[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 2007 National-altitude acclimation

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:03:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2007 1:53:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
Erynbrook@xxxxxxx writes:
Handlers and dogs fly into Colorado all the time for all breed and  specialty
shows. They do not come in early to acclimate. Altitude acclimation is
necessary if you are going from sea level immediately up to the tops of our
14,000+ feet mountains.

We have shown in Colorado and our dogs have not had a problem.  The only time
I had a problem was when when we went up to Buffalo Bills grave...seemed like
forever getting there, going around and around a mountain up to the
gravesite.

Patty Szymczak