[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 2007 National Site.....

  • From: "Beth Reynolds" <beth0024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:01:00 -0600

HI Peggy,

Colorado holds many shows throughout the year. The 4 day AB show In February
is one of the largest AB shows in the western US following Westminster.
Numerous performance events well attended by out of state dogs and handlers.
We have professional handlers coming back year after year.  Many I talked to
at the St. Louis National said they are not concerned about the elevation,
in fact they are very happy the National will be held in Colorado. The
elevation in Ft. Collins is 4984 I have yet to see an oxygen tank ringside.
Snow on the roads is a legitimate concern when traveling. Our CDOT
department is outstanding.  We did get snow yesterday.  The roads are clear
today, the sun is shining, Denver International Airport is open for
business.  Our high today is 48, tomorrow will be 67, and the Rocky Mt. club
members will be enjoying a lovely 68 degrees at Valdemar Farms for our
annual Herding Instinct Test, meeting and pot luck.

As Helen mentioned this storm was "Freaky" out of the ordinary.  Colorado
received snow.  Other parts of the country have received amazing amounts of
flooding rain, possible volcano eruptions, hurricanes, while others endured
record tornados.  Some states are facing out of control fires right now.

The Rocky Mt. club members are so very proud to be hosting the 2007 National
at a brand new fabulous facility. Warm water bathing with radiant heating
above.  Heating and air conditioning in the buildings.   We want everyone to
come and have a great time.  Please wait to judge weather our National was a
success or failure  after its over instead of before it even starts.

Beth
VP Rocky Mt
www.rmgsdc.org
www.ftcollins.com/
www.budweisereventscenter.com/

In a message dated 10/27/2006 10:23:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Every  time I've judged in Colorado, at least one person who comes
from a "lower"  place in the country has got dizzy or worse...it's funny,
I never noticed  that the air was thinner, but apparently it is a problem
for some  people.  Can you suggest a way for the handlers, who will have
to be  running so much, to prepare for the higher altitude?  Some of us
will  only be spectating and shouldn't have a problem...but for the
people who  have to actually work, I'm just  wondering...

Peggy

I've judged many shows over these 42 yrs all over in  Colorado,including
Specialties of other breeds. Even doing 175 plus 3 Groups the  altitude
didn't
bother me,and many times handlers come in a day early to  work with the dogs
they
are handling.When John Seiler judged our National  there, no one had any
problem  . . I'm much more concerned about  freaky weather with a blizzard
and
airports closing..Helen Miller  Fisher