[ SHOWGSD-L ] [2006 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY] American Bred Bitches

  • From: SHOWGSD-L <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:10:36 -0700 (PDT)

 =20 John = Ayotte tried to make my text that goes through Zoe to the List
tonot be g= arbled. Evidently he can=E2=80=99t change what I am doing, so I
am posting = it both to the List and the Blog. It only takes me a minute,
andtakes awa= y the challenge of reading it off the List. I do notice it is
going direct= ly to the Blog as soon as I post it, so we should thank Zoe
forall the ha= rd work to make it available.   I was talking t= o Terry
Kriedler, and she is talking to me about dogs. Tammi has a new hai= r cut,
and has Medusa with her, and Rick is hugging her now. Tami also has= Bumble
Bee, and the two dogs are up here in the booth with us.  Tedi= is talking to
Martha Rinke, I just know they are talking about me. &= nbsp; Boy, the crowd
likes the bitch that just went around, it is Ruubasse= .  Tammi is here and
talking about her condition.  Karen Taylor = came by for a howdy, and
everyone is sitting quietly waiting for the fun t= o begin.  I see Kathy
Potter and she is smiling os either she doesn=E2= =80=99t have a bitch in,
orshe looks good. I doe see George in the center= of the ring.  Ed Barrit
just said hello to Bob Ghegleri, and Bob is = nervous, Show Off is in the
ring. I am a big fan of that bitch, even if sh= e is a George daughter.  We
finally got hold of Jack Newton.  He= is a happy camper.   They are in the
ring doin= g the judging thing while the rest of us are talking.  They ahve
open= ed the ring, and it is a long trip around it.  Now the second group, =
and Dan pulls Diane Brown and puts her in third, and Ken Tank with Showoff=
is in front. I do like that bitch. Dan takes them around and now he wants=
his other group, with George in front.  There they go, and I d= oubt any of
those bitches will beat Showoff, but the one Georgie has is ni= ce, and Dan
sends them out.  Cool.  I have to admit I want Showof= f to win, just to
watch Bob go nuts.  Dan sends that group to stand o= ff to the side, and
brings in the next group.  Great! &nbs= p; The next group comes in, and it
isa group of seven with Lorr= y in front, then Kent, Patty, Jeff, Scottie,
Bill Tank and Mike, with a fe= w others.  Art Sinclair and Tedi are here
laughing about some of the = dogs and how they are nuts, (not spooky) just
funny.  Cappy came by a= nd she found Gloria=E2=80=99s catalog, evidently it
was missing.   More of the same, judging and now Jeff is in the center= . I
was told he had fallen in the next door area, and sprained his ankle. = He
looks find, and I hope he is.  He has Scheherazade.  I see Ri= ta taling to
The Guz, and Jerry is sitting in front of us, with his number= still on.
Tedi is talking to Bob Eaton and they are laughing again,= as is Big Dave.
They seem to be having more fun than Tony and I sitting i= n the booth. I
hear Rita laughing, that is hard to miss.  = Jeff is running just fine, so I
guess he is OK.  Dan is lo= oking over his group and looking at
Jeff=E2=80=99s bitch, and he puts him = behind Laurry.  (No matter what I
do,I can=E2=80=99t spell that name= . Scottie is out there iwth Southern
Sky,about in the middle of the class= .  A long way to go, and a short time
to get there.  = Dan moves Mike to second, and Laurie is still in front.
(Spell = check let me get by with that spelling).  I love Kent=E2=80=99s
bitch= , and he is currently in fourth, and now fifth as he moves Scottie in
four= th. It is Laurie, Mike, Jeff, Scott, and Kent, and some other
people.&nbs; He sets the first four aside, and sends the rest around with
Kent in fro= nt.  It is a bit ring and takes a bit, they are now only half
way, an= d you know how slowly I type. Dan walks over to them and sets the
firs thr= ee aside, (they got there first) and dismisses the last two when
they get = to him.  And off go the first four.  Not much from the crowd, bu=
t the bitch in front is a good one, and it is Wings of Gold.  Dan loo= ks at
the first four and brings Kent from the other group and puts him in =
fourth,that puts Scottie in fifth, and Dan has them makes another pass.&n=
bsp; Lots of double handling, (even if it is against the rules), and off t=
hey go.  Totally loose leads, and Laurie has about 20 feet of lead out=
there, and Dan sets them aside, and moves over to see the other two.&nbsp= ;
Off they go to try to make the cut, and two nice bitches, but probably n= ot
nice enough, and Dan looks away and he walks over to the group and pull= s
the second from the other group, puts him in fourth and the other one is=
sixth. Now he takes his last four in this group, and heads them around.&n=
bsp; Kent is second in this group, and his bitch is looking good. Dan look=
sat all of them and he moves Kent and the other bitch up and Kent is in B=
ODand they go to take a rest, and the last group is going to come in.   Dan
has two groups of five in reserve, and about = to work on his last group.
Interesting way to judge and it seems to work.&= nbsp; Linda Bankhead just
got here, and evidently the airlines lost her ba= gs. Welcome to the
National.   Dan=E2=80=99s las= t group is of ten, with Bill Basu, Art,
Reggie, Joanne, Morris, Kenny Cunn= ingham, Olivia and three others.  Helen
is back and she looks good, a= nd is going to hide out with me. Since I
nevertalk dogs anyway. Big Dave = came by and said hello. Cristy Hyman is
looking for a lead she lost, and I = doubt she will findit, but who knows.
Dan continues to judge. Cindi and He= len are talking about how Helen gave
Cindi her bird and how it turned out.=   I remember that so well.   Ginnie
Altman= came by to say hello, and she is walking by.  More judging going
on.=What a great group we have up here now. Ralph Roberts, Cindi, Helen
Frank= lin and Tony.  Ralph is telling Helen what it is like to judge the
na=tional, and I am learning a lot. It is fun to listen to these folks. =
Scott came in with a different bitch from an earlier= group. It is so hard
toknow what is going on, but they are about done no= w.  Scotty is in with
the last bitch in this group. The group individ= uals is over, and now the
hard part. Dan is looking at Scott=E2=80=99s bit= ch and he leaves her at
theend, and he moves to the front of the group, a= nd Bill is still there,
and dan is looking for his placings. He stands wit= h his hands behind him,
and moves them aside, and tells the first four to = stand back and takes the
last six around.  And they get set aside, an= d in come the rest of them.
Now the hard work= begins.  It looks like three groups, one of five, one of
four and on= e of five.  Or something like that. Dan has them set in three
locatio= ns,a nd they are changing some bibs off Kenny Cunningham, and I
think they= got a new handler, and now there are 13 and they set them up.
The f= irst group is Bill Basu, Joann, Reggie, and Olivia, the second goupt
is Ken= Tank, and Ken goes to the front and I can=E2=80=99t type fast
enough.Sec= ond is Laurie, then Bill Basu, and Dan is looking and brings
Mikey up to f= ourth, and he goes to the first group again, and brings up
Joanne, and the= n back to look at the three groups, andhe has five keepers
and he sets the= m aside and tells the others, eight of them, to got
together.  Dan ta= kes the first four of the dumpers around, and there they
go.  Dan loo= ks at thewm and he sends the first one over and sets Olivia,
JRand Diane = aside, and looks at the last four with Christina in front,
witha very nic= e bitch.  Then Jeff, and another with kent in back.  Dan
goesup= to them and he looks at them all and he sends the last two to the
keepers= and looks at the five he has left.  There go the good ones.   Ken
isin front, the Laurie, Bill Basu and Mike. Showo= ff looks great and he
moves Bill Basu in Second and Laurie stays in third,= and Ken is nervous and
Showoff is looking great.  Dan moves to the r= est of the group and tells
thefirst four, to stand aside. I am getting ex= cited and there goes the
second group four, with Joanne, then two more wit= h Kent in last.  I am
watching Showoff and Ken is doing all he can to= make her look as good as
sheis, and Joanne goes to third and Kent to BOD= and Dan watches them and
everyone is posing as best they can and Dan has = his hands behind him and
hesets the last five aside and looks at the firs= t three, Ken Tank, Bill
Basu, and Joanne.  And there they go.  A= nd Showoff is on, and doing what
she does best, and moves as good as she c= an, Bill has a black in second
andthen Joaanne, and Dan talks to them, and= thank god, sends them to the
wall, and takes his last five around. There = they go, and those are nice
bitches. Dan is doing a great job, and the bes= t is left, and the best have
been to the front in every class.  DON= =E2=80=99T CHANGE THE FIRST BITCH
DAN!   Now Da= n takes the first one down and back.  I know her well, she
looks good= but not perfect, and the black goes down and back and Dan says
hecan=E2= =80=99t see her, so he wants her in a different direction.   And=
Dan moves her up front. Now Joanne, and she takes her down and back and s=
hemoves to second. I think Showoff is out of the running.  Now he lo= oks at
the first four, Bill Joanne, Ken and Laurie.  THAT=E2=80=99S I= T.   First
isMar Haven=E2=80=99 Black Orchid, S= econd is Liebchen=E2=80=99s Boogie
Wonderland, third is Schatzmar=E2=80=99= s Showoff, (she is still a great
bitch), and fourth is Sunrises Wings Of G= old Firecrest TC.  More to come.
EvanAsgard German Shepherds[1] http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement = and Temperament come together
--
Posted by SHOWGSD-L to 2006 GSDCA NATIONAL= COMMENTARY[2] at 10/19/2006
05:10:28 PM

--- Links ---
   1 3D"http://www.asgardgsd.com/";
   2 3D"http://gsdna=