[ SHOWGSD-L ] 2 hour Vigil

  • From: "chsweetsun" <chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:41:36 -0400

HI,
Well, I am on the two hour vigil here with the C-Sectioned mama.  I have had
10-15 min cat naps off and on thru the day and night.  I am so exhausted I am
probably not thinking right.  I have tried all the tricks to getting this
mother to accept these pups.  Pee and poo is coming easier for me..not for her.
 She won't lick even the peanut butter off them.  She will lay, and let them
nurse, but looks away and fights me with getting their butts in her face.  ANY
other suggestions, or do we just do the waiting for Mother's instincts.  I do
not leave her with the pups, except when I am staying right there with them.
She seems like she wants to be back with them, and not in the crate, but when I
put her in there I have to force her to even get into the whelping box.  My
mind is whipped.  ANYONE that tells you whelping is easy... copy this email.  I
told Paula...shoot me next time I say..I think I'll breed these two bitches 2
weeks apart.  JUST SHOOT ME.
Tari Kridler