[ SHOWGSD-L ] 2 Katrina GSDs need temporary home

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:29:31 EST

Hi all,
I received a call from a woman who is stationed at Scott Air Force Base, here
in Southern Illinois.  They have been housing their parents and their
parent's two GSDs since the storm, I think on base.  They have a three dog
limit and
they are over that limit.  They cannot afford to pay high boarding fees for
the estimated six or more months it will take to get back to normal, but they
love their dogs and so are doing everything they can to not lose them.

The two dogs are brother and sister, 21 months old, and crate trained. They
are from import lines.  It sounded like the bitch is small, around 55 pounds.
She has not been spayed, but it sounded like that is the eventual plan.  The
woman said nothing to lead me to believe that the dogs are anything but sound.
If someone is interested in helping these folks out, please let me know and I
will give the woman your telephone number.  If necessary, I could go and meet
the dogs sometime to give a better idea of what to expect.  Peg and I already
have five here and that is our physical limit with both of us working full
time and the kids grown and gone ... especially in the winter.

Thanks
Tom Langlitz