[ SHOWGSD-L ] 1st GSD: Jeenellyn's Sunyab, CDX

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:33:15 -0400

My first GSD was a black bitch that I bought from a woman who ended up changing
my life--Ellen Heintz.  Sunyab was a black bundle of electricity that I
purchased when she was 10 months old (and I was young and stupid.)  A friend of
Ellen's took her to training class:  while Ellen trained Congo, Marge Brown
trained Sunyab, or tried to.  Yaboo (my pet name for her) wouldn't listen and I
thought, "I've got to buy this beautiful dog and teach her some manners and
love her."  We had FUN--Sunyab taught Congo and Onyx (her granddam) to jump
from bed to bed when we stayed in Ashtabula, Ohio--she was a housedog and they
weren't--but they learned fast.  She was so sloppy going away that she couldn't
make it in the breed ring, but she had springs in her feet--boy could she jump!
 People told me that with a mix-master like her, she was probably
dysplastic--NOT:  OFA EXCELLENT.  She gave me some beautiful children too.  But
her greatest gift was the lifetime bond I shared with her breeder.
Penny in NY