[ SHOWGSD-L ] 1965 national

  • From: "Nancy Godwin" <ngxotic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:03:25 -0800

I had better send this now as I never know if my posts will go through. I
tried to post on about  the 10th to say the 1965 National was held on the
grounds of the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, Ca. The Grand Victor was Ch.
Brix vd Grafenkrone and the Grand Victrix was Ch. Mar-Sa's Velvet of
Malabar. She was a daughter of Ch. Ulk Winkingerblut (the top winning
Shepherd at that time) and Malabar's Lorri of Rocky Reach who was half
German and half American. Velvet's Owner was Sam Stall who was a novice and
handled her all the way through to her CH. and GX. title. The point being a
novice can do it with the right dog and a lot of work. He used to run with
her several times a week several miles.
The Pacific Coast Grand Victor & Victrix title was given by the San Diego
Specialty Club at one of their two shows each year.

Nancy Godwin
ngxotic@xxxxxxxxxxxx