[ SHOWGSD-L ] 1964 No Grand Victor

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:16:13 EST

In a message dated 11/27/2005 4:46:34 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Maybe  you have your answer by now. It wasn't awarded because there was  no
National that year. There was no Grand Victrix either.
There was a  major dispute between two people in the parent Club. The
National was  canceled.

When Ed said World War II he was not far off.

Ralph Roberts and Harold Sands, who used to be in business  together got into
a bit of a war, and the club was not allowed to have a  national by the AKC.

 I wonder if anyone remembers the details by now, and if  Ralph and Harold
are now talking?  I do see them both now and then, and  even Fraser and Ali are
now saying nice things about each other.  I respect  both of them and have
learned a lot about shepherds from them. Ralph has given  me a lot of help in
learning how to judge, and I have gotten some of my best  jokes from Harold.

I doubt that either Ralph or Harold remember what it was  about.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together