[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 1/4 horses was: Re: NOT size again

  • From: "Giselda" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:35:24 +0100

Ok, I guess you learn something new every day....I love the quarter horse
breed, but warmbloods are my horses.  I love the german shepherd but who knows,
down the line, I might just own  a king charles cavalier, I am almost convinced
to get one.  Puppies are coming and I have almost made my mind up.  Would I own
a quarter horse???  Most certainly.  Love everything about them, especially
thier easy going attitude, except for a couple of lines that I won't mention.
My old Thoroughbred geriatric mare will be 29 next month and she is the most
dirtiest, sloppiest horse I have ever owned, but I wouldn't trade her love for
anything in the world, she is so dedicated to me.  Had her out in her nicely
growing grass field yesterday, and of all the grass she could graze, guess
where she went, in the patch with the burrs and blackberries, so I have my work
cut out now, she is covered from head to toe in burrs.  And to top it all off,
my dogs are naked, the look funny, blown coats galore!
Giselda