[ SHOWGSD-L ] 12 year old bitch

  • From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:05:08 -0400 (EDT)

i had many e-mails from list members for me to repost my original email but

i couldn't find my original post but it started with all the hair breaking
off underneath her body and i noticed all the skin was black and my vet
recommended Mal-A-Ket shampoo and it brought her hair back and we quit it for
a  month and i noticed some hair starting to break again underneath (bathed
her  again) and no black color but then when i examined her again under her
tail  the hair was gone and around her anus and surrounding area the skin
was  purple-black in color and very red...i went to the vet again and he said
we will  not treat her again without a culture and sensitivity and it came
back  pseudomonas and is now on Baytril....originally the vet thought it was
yeast and  prescribed Mal-A-Ket....we will treat for 10 days on Baytril and
see what  happens....natalie