[ SHOWGSD-L ] 10 Questions Results

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:54:55 -0500

Hi everyone:  I told you I would post the results of my 10 questions
survey.  Thanks to the many people who answered the questions.  You guys
are good sports.  On some of the questions, as would be expected, some
people answered the same way, so rather than count how many voted for
one particular dog or answer, I will just put next to that answer
(multiple votes).  This was time consuming to compile the answers, so
bear with me.  Some people didn't give full names of dogs, or titles so
excuse me if you see a dog without the full kennel name or title.  I
guess they would assume we would know the dog just by a first name, so
that's fine because most of them were famous dogs and we would recognize
them.  Also I asked for dogs that were no longer being used at stud or
was producing puppies as not to promote anyone's dog.  Some of you sly
ones tried to slip some of them in, (LOL), and maybe a few got past me
because some of the dogs here, I haven't heard of.  Also some people
didn't answer all the questions so some lists will be less.  I'm not
responsible for the spelling of some of these dogs.  I'm going with what
people sent to me.  Also note how some dogs are in most every list time
and again.  Also interesting to note is the answers to the attributes
and faults of the breeds.  Some think we're fine in the same exact area
another one thinks we have problems with.  Hope this is interesting and
a little educational knowing what our fellow members think.  So here goes:
BEST MOVING MALE:
BEST MOVING BITCH:
Hawkeye

GV Tango
GV Watson (multiple
votes)                                                  Jeenellyn's
Onyx, CDX
GV
Aspen

Bonnie
GV Judd (multiple
votes)                                                      Ch Always A
Lady ROM
GV
Lance

Hessians Vogue
GV Senator
           Mystique

Alvinn

Ch Ken Delaine Avia
Ch. Ken Delaines Mastercharge
BIM Ch Arbar's Xanadu ROM
Sel. Ch. Gonvi's Ruklakar's Manny
GV Katie
C. Volker von
Rathof                                                            Ch Von
Schriefs Portrait
Ch. Dot Wall's Vance
        Aloha von bid Scono

GVX Lillie Marlene

BEST TYPE
MALE:                                                              BEST
TYPE BITCH:
GV Polo (multiple
votes)                                                         Mystique
(multiple votes)
GV
Uzi

GV Amber's Rosie
Enterprise

Ch Leiter's Cross My Heart
Sundance Kid (multiple
votes)                                                 Kashay (multiple
votes)
Nestles
Quik
GVX Lillie Marlene
Ch. Jeenellyn's
UFO
Blythe Spirit
GV
Scorpio

Ch Hessian's Tinsel

Ch Amber's Flair ROM

BEST PRODUCING MALE:
BEST PRODUCING BITCH:
Sundance Kid (multiple
votes)                                                  Ch Always a Lady ROM
Ch. Caralon QED Sword v Le Barland
Shannon
Ch. Pfeffer von
Bern                                                                 Ch
Nike Clayfield First Love
GV Lance (multiple
votes)                                                         Ch. Vicke
von Hoheluft
Flag

Cobert's Melissa ROM (multiple votes)
Asgards
Ben

Angelique

BEST GRAND
VICTOR:                                                         BEST
GRAND VICTRIX
Watson

Fettucini
Polo (multiple
votes)
Katie
Uzi (multiple
votes)
Anton's Jessie
Boss

Altana's Kricket
Mike

Blythe Spirit
Judd

Tango
Aspen

Rosie

FAVORITE
MALE:
FAVORITE BITCH:
Ch. Salachar Brinn v
Liebestraum                                                  Mystique
(multiple votes)
Judd

Kodachrome
Hawkeye

Clayfield Arriva
Ch. Bravo's Fly For
Freedom                                                         Ch
Tenacity Kaleef Katie (multiple votes)
GV Uzi (multiple
votes)
Fettucini
GV Mannix of
Fran-Jo
Ch. Von Schrief's Portrait Mystique
Enterprise

Blythe Spirit
Ch. Santana's Man O
War                                                               Ch.
Plainbrownwrapper v Jada Edan
Nestles Quik
GV Aspen
Ch Covy Tucker Hills Manhattan

BEST
JUDGING:

WEAKNESSES IN THE BREED TODAY:
Ed Barritt (multiple
votes)
Lack of secondary sex characteristics (multiple votes)
Marie
Leary

Size - too big (multiple votes)
Ray
Smith

Lack of longevity (multiple votes)
Dave
Rinke

Dysfunctional rears, Long soft toplines
Barbara
Amidon

Lack of proper transmission, type (multiple votes)
Joan Fox (multiple votes)
                                                     Forehands (multiple
votes), pigment,
Fred
Migilore

Temperament (multiple votes)

Croups (multiple votes), Feet (multiple votes)

Pasterns (multiple votes), elbow reachers

Poor side gaiters (multiple votes)

Shoulders (multiple votes), backs (multiple votes)

Under drive, too long hocks, lack of suspension

Health problems (multiple votes), soft top lines

National specialty show, need to correct futurity system

Rating systems create problem dog shows
ATTRIBUTES IN THE BREED TODAY:
Breed type (multiple
votes)
WHO SHOULD JUDGE THE FUTURITIES:
Intelligence (multiple
votes)
Knowledgeable people
Total working dogs (multiple
votes)                                                        Breeders
(multiple votes)
Secondary sex characteristics (multiple
votes)                                         Breeders or handlers
(multiple votes)
Movement (multiple
votes)
Breeders or judges (multiple votes)