[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 10 Questions

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:37:47 +0000

--
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com
Home of Ch Firedog, Ch Cookie, Ch Flair, BIS/BISS Ch Yancy, and Ch Flash!

> 1) - Best moving male of all time, and best moving bitch of all time?
He's not mine so I can say this - ALLLLVINNNNN!!
Hessian's Vogue with Clayfield's Always A Lady a close second!!!!!

> 2) - Best typey male of all time, and best typey bitch of all time?

Type - Mystique!

> 3) - Forget about what the tabulations say, who do YOU think was the
> best producing male of all time and the best producing
> bitch of all time? Sundance v Stutgardt <sp> and Shannon

> 4) - Best Grand Victor and best Grand Victrix?

> 5) - Favorite male of all time, favorite bitch of all time?
  Clayfield Arriva!!  What a drop dead gorgeous bitch!

> 6) - Best judging you ever watched? (example: Ernie Loeb - National)

> 7) - What do you see as the three weaknesses in the breed today?
long soft toplines, lack of proper transmission, forehands

> 8) - What do you see as the three best features in the breed today?
Bred type, better secondary sex characteristics, more working titles!!!

9) - Who would you like to see judge our futurities - breeders, AKC
 licensed judges, or handlers?  Knowledgable people!

10)-You're a judge standing in the middle of the ring and (all things
are equal on the two dogs you're considering for the points, temperament,
secondary sex characteristics, mouth, teeth, ears, etc.). The only thing that
separates the two dogs is one is a dog who looks like the standard calls for
but NOT drop dead gorgeous, but is a magnificent mover. The other
 dog is drop dead gorgeous, and a decent mover. Which one do you
 choose?  As Forrest Gump always says "Pretty is as pretty does!"  IF the dog
LOOKS LIKE THE STANDARD then he IS my winner - especially with forehand.
However, type, the things that make a GSD a GSD, should never be sacrificed for
sidegait!  Its just REALLY nice to get it in one package!!!!!