[Shadowdancer] "What Dreams May Come"

  • From: Gryphon2@xxxxxxx
  • To: shadowdancer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:55:59 EDT

What Dreams  May Come
By Varon T'Sar &  Tavik tr'Decal
Varon was fast alseep  in his quarters. After the confrontation with Bella,
he needed the sleep. He was  experiencing the most peculiar dream. It went a
little something like  this...

Varon was busy in the armory fixing his disruptors, so that  another mishap
wouldn't occur. He was only half way through his first crate, the  job was
turning out to be a long and tedious one, but it needed to be done. He  didn't
mind anyway, it gave him something to do. As he started on another  disruptor,
he
began to hum an old Romulan folk song.

He shimmered into a  desolate corridor and looked around quickly.  His
scanning device beeped  and chirped as the flashing indicator on its screen
pinpointed the exact  location of his mark.  It was almost too easy, he thought
himself as he  skulked along the walls.  The young Romulan officer had
encountered more  resistance in less fortified ships - this was going to be
cake.
Silently  and stealthily, he moved and stopped short of the door marked armory.

Varon continued with  his work. He was alone in the room, Molly had come in
to check on him a couple  of times, but other than that, it was just him and
his weapons. He really didn't  think that Molly trusted him, especially after
the explosion. He figured, he  would gain her trust with time. And then there
was Bella, man, was she a  nutcase. After a complete meltdown in sickbay, Varon
was a little wary of her.  Even though she snapped out of it, and seemed to be
a pretty nice person, if she  went into another episode, who knows what she
would end up trying to do to him.  The less I have to be around her, the safer
both of us will probably be.

The door hissed open  and the Tal Shiar agent rolled inside and the door
closed just as quickly as it  had opened.  Going according to plan, he thought
inwardly as he  armed himself with his blades.  Without a weapon such as a gun,
he could  make the kill and get out without anyone realizing it.  In time, the
man at  the desk would be lying in a pool of his own blood and another Tal
Shiar  deserter would be dead.

Varon heard the door  open, he figured it was probably Molly checking up on
him again. "I'm fine  Molly," he said while spinning around in his chair. But
what he saw wasn't  Molly, it was another Romulan. Great, it seems they've
found me. Varon  narrowed his eyes at the Romulan. "Tal Shiar?"

"What else?  Now,  can we do this quickly, or shall you prolong the
inevitable?"

Oh, I'm not going down  without a fight. "Prolong the  inevitable?  Arham,
kehs mnean'arsm." Varon got up out of the chair, then  picked it up and threw
it
at the Romie. He hopped over the desk and grabbed for  one of his rifles.
Dodging the flying  object quite easily, Tavik rolled head over heels behind
a cargo  container.  "Why must we stretch this out?"  Tavik hurled one of his
blades, which found itself quickly embedded in a durasteel table.  This was
suppose to be an in and out job, but from the looks of it, this was going to
take a bit more finesse than he was usually known to give to a simple job such
 as this.

Varon grabbed one  of his rifles. He slowly peaked over the desk to see where
the intruder went. He  couldn't spot him though.

"Just give up now  and save yourself the pain.  I'll make it fast."

"Emael hrrau  nnearh'draed." Varon aimed his rifle towards the sound of his
voice, and  fired.

The explosion  ripped through the top of the container and Tavik found
himself ducking and  covering.  Maybe this was going to take a lot more
finesse.  He
pulled  out his own disruptor and fired away from where he knew Varon was
hiding.   The bursts lit up the sides of the way in a dingy green light.  Using
that  as a mild distraction, Tavik rolled out and fired at where he was hoping
Varon  would look out from, hoping to get the kill based on the target's
curiosity.

Varon stayed  huddled behind the desk. He had heard his blast hit something,
but knew it  didn't hit his enemy due to the return fire he was receiving. He
pushed his  rifle above the desk and fired a couple of blind pot shots into
the room, hoping  that one would miraculously hit their mark.

"Ta krenn," Tavik said over the erupting  blaster shots flying his way, "You
cannot win this fight.  You might as  well run while you have the chance,
because I will find you.  I am a  Khellian, you are my prey."  He rolled again,
finding a spot on the  opposite side of where Varon was sitting, their backs
pressed to different sides  of the same obstacle
"Khellian? Ha. Hwiiy  lliu'ne ja'a'wort!" Varon lifted his rifle again and
fired another shot, unaware  that his foe was so close.
Tavik hurled his  second knife across the room and lodged it in the far wall
before spinning the  opposite direction and pointing his disruptor directly at
his target.   Kicking his leg out quickly, he forced the man's rifle from his
grasp.   "Congratulations, you lose."

Varonâs rifle  skidded across the floor. He was defenseless. His only shot at
survival was to  get out of there, and fast. Varon quickly pushed the
assassins arm away and  hopped over the desk. He sprinted for the door as fast
as he
could.
"Pity," Tavik said,  taking aim.  Before the man could reach the door, Tavik
pulled the  trigger.  The green energy erupted from the barrel and then
disintegrated  into the back of the fleeing target.  He stood and watched as
Varon
stumbled and fell to the floor.  Tavik walked over to him nonchalantly and
rolled him over.  "Tavik tr'Decal adds another to the list."  He aimed  again,
and pulled the trigger.

Varon's eyes  opened wide and he sat up in his bed. He touched his back and
his face to make  sure everything was still in place. Breathing heavily he
thought, It was only  a dream. Varon fell back onto his bed. It was only a
dream.
Translations:
Arham, kehs mnean'arsm  - My, arenât we cocky.
Emael hrrau  nnearh'draed â Not on your life.
Ta krenn â Look  here.
Khellian â  Hunter
Hwiiy lliu'ne  ja'a'wort â You are nothing more than a  bastard.