[SFCC] SFCC Members

  • From: chuck <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sfcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:35:59 -0700

SFCC News Items:

1- The computer room has a table that has a messy bunch of wires behind it to support the webserver, printer, backup server, switches and routers. We have tried to tie the wires to reduce the mess and were not successful. Just about the time you tie up the wires, they need to be moved around and get messy all over - a constant battle. Chris Naughton noticed the situation a week ago and offered to make a cloth skirt to hide the mess. Well, Saturday Chris and Richard (our maintenance man) istalled the skirt behind the table to hide the wires. IT LOOKS GREAT. We will put some pictures on the website later today, but for now I would like to thank Chris and Richard for
helping us make the computer room look much more professional.

2- One of our members showed me a Netbook they recently purchased from Walmart for about $250.00.
I just checked and online they have a:

Model#: RB210-2145DX

Intel Atom N455 processor
1GB memory;
250GB hard drive
10.1" WSVGA HP BrightView Infinity LED display
Webcam, 4-in-1 card reader,
Wi-Fi
Windows 7 Starter
$228.00 ( they also say instore prices vary)

Remember, you can plug this little computer into a 24 inch screen, with a large USB mouse and a USB large keyboard. Or sit and watch the football games with it on you lap to check your football pool standings- live.

3- I have recently been reading the Smart Computing magazine and find it has a lot of interesting computer articles.

See you at the upcoming meeting,
Chuck