[SEYSA] Visit to Hong Kong Science Park and ASTRI’s 10th Anniversary ceremony

  • From: Peter Chan <peter.chan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:03:19 +0800

Dear Youders,

Do you want to visit Hong Kong Science Park, the beautiful home of
more than 200 high-tech companies? Are you interested in knowing about
the research and development industry in Hong Kong? If you are student
or graduate, are you interested in a career in the Hong Kong high-tech
industry?

If your answer to any of these questions is yes, our event of this
month must fit you.

Hong Kong has been well-known as a successful financial center in
Asia, but not many people are aware that its high-tech industry has
been growing noticeably in recent years, thanks to the efforts of
local engineers, scientists and technologists and support from HKSAR
government.

The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute
(ASTRI) was founded by the Government of Hong Kong SAR in 2000 with a
mission of enhancing Hong Kong's competitiveness in technology-based
industries through applied research. It is the biggest research
institute in Hong Kong, recruiting many local technology talents, and
is making great strides towards its goal of becoming one of the most
influential research institutes in the region.

ASTRI is now celebrating its 10th anniversary of establishment this
year in Hong Kong Science Park. The ceremony is held at Charles K. Kao
Auditorium (高錕會議中心), which was very recently named after Professor
Charles Kao, the Noble Laureate and the Father of Fiber Optics famous
to Hong Kong people. The detail of the event is as follows:

Date: 23 April (Friday)
Time: 2:30pm - 5pm
Place: Charles K. Kao Auditorium, Hong Kong Science Park

As Youders, we are proudly welcomed by ASTRI to join the VIP tours in
this event and attend the ceremony in the theater inside the
Auditorium. If you are interested to attend the career talk by ASTRI,
you may also opt to join the students' tour after the ceremony. Job
applications and resumes will be accepted on site. Please find the
detailed information in the attached rundown.

Additionally, please note that Hong Kong Science Park is worthy of
sight-seeing and is a tourist attraction itself. You may find yourself
having a pleasurable afternoon or evening there after the event.

If you are interested to join us to attend the ceremony, please sign
up by replying this email to me, stating the following particulars of
yourself and the guests you want to bring:
(1)        Full name
(2)        Title
(3)        Organisation/company
(4)        Contact phone number

We will reserve the seats for you. Tentatively, we will gather at
1:45pm at Shatin and set off to Science Park together. You are highly
advised to sign up on or before April 18th (Sunday). Please respond as
soon as possible, since the seats are limited. All Youders, both
members and non-members, are welcomed to join us. Seats will be
offered on first-come-first-serve basis, but members will enjoy the
priority.

If you have any inquiry, please feel free to ask me through
peter.chan@xxxxxxxxx or call me at 93240603.

We are looking forward to seeing you.

Cheers,
Peter CHAN