[SEYSA] SEYSA YP2011 event: Debate and Forum (Reminder)

  • From: Peter Chan <peter.chan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 08:47:56 +0800

Dear Youders and friends,

Please be reminded that a Debate and Forum event will be held by Sir Edward
Youde Scholars Association (SEYSA). You and your friends are cordially
invited to attend this event.

*Topic:   Should Hong Kong re-launch Home Ownership Scheme?**(香港應否復建居屋?)*

Language:      Cantonese

Date:               6 August 2011 (Saturday)

Time:               13:30 – 17:30

Venue:             Hall HJ302, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

We are delighted to have the following honorable guests acting for our
debate judges and forum speakers.

Debate judges/forum speakers: (in alphabetical order of surname)

(1)   Dr. Chung Kim-wah 鍾劍華博士 (Assistant Professor, Department of Applied
Social Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)

(2)   Ms. Audrey Eu 余若薇女士 (Legislative Council member, former Chairman of
the Civic Party)

(3)   Mr. Wong Wing Ping, Joseph 王永平先生 (Political commentator, former Hong
Kong Secretary for Commerce, Industry and Technology Bureau)

(4)   Mr. Yeung Ka Shing 楊家聲先生 (Chairman of the Hong Kong Housing Society)

Debate judge:

(1)     Mr Damon Lee 李蔚藍先生 (Coach of Belilios Public School Debate Team)

This event is a part of the Youth Programme 2011 of Sir Edward Youde
Scholars Association (SEYSA) which has been launched since early July. The
participants in the Debate competition are the participants of Youth
Programme 2011, who are the recent secondary school awardees of Sir Edward
Youde Memorial Fund (also known as *Youders*).

SEYSA introduces this Debate and Forum to the Youth Programme for the first
time, in order to develop our young Youders’ social awareness and
intellectual thinking about the current issues. We have taken the topic of
great concern in the city about the Hong Kong housing policy. Through the
debate, our young Youders have the opportunity not only to train up their
analytical thinking, critical thinking and debate skills with other peer
Youders, but also to develop a deep understanding and their own views on the
issue. Through the preparation for the debate, our young Youders will also
have the most fruitful discussion with the honourable guest speakers in the
forum session.

*Rundown*

*Time***

*Event*

13:30

Registration

14:00

Welcome messages

14:05

*Debate (70 min)*

Proposition: “Hong Kong should re-launch Home Ownership Scheme” (香港應該復建居屋)

15:15

Break

15:30

*Forum – Guest speakers’ talks (40 min)*

16:10

Break

16:15

*Forum - Floor discussion (45 min)*

17:00

Souvenir and photo taking

* *

* *

* *

Your attendance will not only be an opportunity to enjoy a fruitful
discussion about the current issue, but also to show important support to
our young Youders. Walk-in is welcome but seats are not guaranteed. Hence it
is recommended to register now, by reply to this email. The entrance fee is
$10, to be collected at the venue.

Cheers,
Dr. Peter Chan
SEYSA Youth Programme 2011 Organising Committee
*Youder since 1999*

A Debate and Forum event will be held by Sir Edward Youde Scholars
Association (SEYSA). You and your friends are cordially invited to attend
this event.

The information is as follows:

Date:  6 August 2011 (Saturday)
Time: 1330 - 1730
Venue:  Hall HJ302, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

We are delighted to have the following honorable guests acting for our
debate judges and forum speakers.

Debate judges/forum speakers: (in alphabetical order of surname)
(1) Ms Audrey Eu 余若薇女士 (Legislative Council member, former Chairman of the
Civic Party)
(2) Mr. Wong Wing Ping, Joseph 王永平先生 (Political commentator, former Hong
Kong Secretary for Commerce, Industry and Technology Bureau)
(3) Mr. Yeung Ka Shing 楊家聲先生 (Chairman of the Hong Kong Housing Society)

Debate judge:
(1) Mr Damon Lee 李蔚藍先生 (Coach of Belilios Public School Debate Team)

This event is part of the Youth Programme 2011 of Sir Edward Youde Scholars
[...]

*First 60 mins will be reserved to participants of Youth Programme to raise
questions. Afterwards, it is open to the whole audience to speak.*

16:10

Break

16:15

*Forum - Floor discussion (45 min)*

17:00

Souvenir and photo taking

* *

* *

* *

Your attendance will not only be an opportunity to enjoy a fruitful
discussion about the current issue, but also to show important support to
our young Youders. Since walk-in seats are not guaranteed, please register
by *3 August 2011*. The entrance fee is $10.

Looking forward to seeing you.