[SEYSA] SEYSA YOUTH PROGRAMME 2011 ? recruitment of student leader

  • From: judy.tam@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:06:56 -0600

To: SEYMF scholarship awardees of SEYSA who are University undergraduates or graduates

SEYSA YOUTH PROGRAMME 2011 ? recruitment of student leader

Dear Youders,

We are holding an annual event, SEYSA Youth Programme 2011, to strengthen the social awareness and enhance the personal growth of talented youngsters. It is tailored for the outstanding secondary students, who are awardees of the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund, to promote their self-development through participating in educational programmes, exchanging their views and exploring the relevant experiences with other senior Youders. Through a series of social exposure, developmental programmes, as well as organising their own social service programme, Youth Programme 2011 aims at facilitating participants? self-development, social awareness and intellectual skills. It is also a unique opportunity for participants to widen their horizons and expand their personal network.

We are happy to inform you that this meaningful programme will take place in summer of 2011, with 4 major events tentatively to be held on 2/7, mid-July, 6/8 and 20/8. To facilitate the learning of the participants of the Youth Programme, we cordially invite you to be our Student Leader of the Programme. Besides providing guidance to the students, you will also meet other senior Youders and honourary guests of the Programme. We hope that Youth Programme 2011 will enrich the experiences of both the participants and our Student Leaders.

Being a Student Leader :

To be a Student Leader, in addition to have been awarded the SEYMF scholarships or prizes, you should be attending a degree programme at the University or be a fresh graduate in 2011. You will be the facilitator for around 5 participants in a small group to gain their most from the Youth Programme. The participants are outstanding secondary students. Together with other Student Leaders, you will be the facilitators of a big group of 15 participants to organise a social service event for a selected NGO in July and August. You are required to keep contact with the participants from time to time during the summer holiday (between 2/7 and 20/8), either on phone or by attending their meetings and service events. You have to be confident to offer constructive suggestions when your group encounter difficulties in the process of organising the social service programme. Your interaction with the participants is crucial to their learning in the process. You are strongly encouraged to attend the major events on the four event days and other meeting day(s) of the group.

Youth Programme 2011 is free of charge for Student Leaders. A briefing will be held before 2/7 to familiarise you with the Programme and each other. If you are interested to be one of our Student Leaders, please reply us by email or phone. Our organising team will talk to you individually to explore your suitability to be our student leader of the Programme. Please do not hesitate to contact Judy Tam, member of Youth Programme Organising Committee 2011 at 96759712 or judy.tam@xxxxxxxxx or me at 95792225 or ada.yiu@xxxxxxxxx; for enrolment or further information. We are looking forward to your favourable response and hope the Youth Programme could bring about life enrichment to both of you and the young participants!

Yours Sincerely,

Ada Yiu
Youth Programme Organising Committee 2011
Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association