[SEYSA] SEYSA: Volunteering opportunity: Flag Day service for Hong Kong Blind Union

  • From: Ada Yiu <ada.yiu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:11:45 +0800

 Dear Youders and friends,

For years, SEYSA has pledged herself to promote social awareness and to
contribute for the betterment of the community. It is our firm belief that,
we Youders, as elites of the society, have the nobility to serve the less
fortunate in our community. Therefore, SEYSA is connected with a number of
local and international social service organisations and has continuously
explored opportunities for involvement in social services as well as
community development.

SEYSA has established cooperation with the Hong Kong Blind Union (the Union)
in our Youth Programme 2009 and CyberRun. We are delighted that a number of
members volunteered to assist in the meaningful and challenging outdoor
event, Adventureship, with the Blind Union's members in December 2009. By
organising and assisting in the outing activities of the Union, we aim at
facilitating the active living and integration of the blind into society.
You may get to know more about the Hong Kong Blind Union at
http://www.hkbu.org.hk/.

The Union is now recruiting volunteers for the coming Flag Day on 30/1/2010
(Sat). The Flag Day fund raising event has always been a very important fund
raising method for all charitable organisations. Every cent of donation
collected, with the enthusiastic help of every volunteer on the Flag Day, is
essential for the survival of the many activities and services provided by
the charitable organisation. During the process, the charitable organisation
can introduce itself to the general public and promote social awareness. The
Union aims at recruiting 1500 volunteers to support this event.

Details of the voluntary service programme are as follows and an invitation
letter from the Union is enclosed.

Date: 30 January 2010
Time: 7 a.m. - 12 noon
Venue: Hong Kong Island (participants may choose the district they prefer)

If you are interested in taking part or have any enquiries, please contact
me at ada.yiu@xxxxxxxxx as soon as possible.

Sincerely Yours,

Ada YIU
Development Officer