[SEYSA] SEYSA Social Service: children programme in summer! (register before 1 July!)

  • From: Ada Yiu <ada.yiu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:55:16 +0800

Dear Youders and friends,

It has long been SEYSA's mission to follow the three 'S' Principles, namely
Scholarship, Social Awareness and Solidarity. Here comes another
volunteering opportunity to serve the underprivileged and contribute to our
community.

*Summer programme for children in primary schools*

*Briefing session*

Date: *7th July 2011 (Thursday)*

Time: *6:00-8:00 p.m.*

Venue: *Cheung Sha Wan Integrated Family Service Centre, 2/F, Cheung Sha Wan
Community Centre, 55 Fat Tseung Street, Kowloon*

*Service days*

Service period: *every Saturday from 9th July to 27th August* (volunteers
will be arranged to *take turn* in providing voluntary service)

Time: *3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.*

Venue: *Cheung Sha Wan Integrated Family Service Centre, 2/F, Cheung Sha Wan
Community Centre, 55 Fat Tseung Street, Kowloon*

Target no. of volunteers: 10

We have designed the children project to provide guidance and enrichment for
the children (P.4 to P.6) in families with limited resources. We need your
help to assist the deprived children in both academic and daily problems. We
cordially invite SEYSA members and friends to join our project to show our
concerns and love directly.

Our collaborating partner, the Cheung Sha Wan Integrated Family Service
Centre offers to connect us to these deprived children in the district. Our
volunteers will take turn to give free tutorials and play interesting games
with a group of deprived children living in Cheung Sha Wan to show our care
and love to them on Saturday afternoons. We also hope to promote the social
awareness of our members by exposures to different social phenomena through
these service events. Please join us on this meaningful event!

If you are interested, please apply *on or before 1 July 2011 (Friday) *by
sending an email to Tina at tinatsang35@xxxxxxxxxxx with the following
information:

Full Name (Chinese & English):

Gender:

Age:

Email address:

Contact number:

Experience in voluntary service for children tutorials:

Should you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Rainbow at
rainbowpak0_0@xxxxxxxxxxx or 68749242 or Tina at tinatsang35@xxxxxxxxxxx or
67458299. We are looking forward to seeing you in this meaningful service
event!

Yours Sincerely,

Rainbow Pak and Tina Tsang

Members of the SEYSA Social Service Team

Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association

(website: www.seysa.org)